So I met this girl online and she said she was 18. We met and just hang out and watched a movie. Thats it. Then we hung out a few more times at her apartment which was in the name of her roomates. I did ask to see an ID and she said she didn't have one because she hasn't gotten her permit yet. Well shortly after we ended up becoming sexually active and i had no reason to believe she was lying about her age. About a month later I let her move in to my apartment and she stayed for about 3 weeks. The last week I became suspicious because something was not right. Well she ended up leaving on a friday night with her sister to go to her step moms. That following morning I found out that she was cheating (sleeping with guys for cash). I called her on it and she denied it and hung up the phone. She shows up shortly after and moves out. Shortly after that I get a phone call from her step mother saying that she is only 16 and that she is about to call the police unless I come over and resolve this matter. I decided to take a tape recorder with me because i had a feeling it was a setup. Once over there her step mom told me all of the things i can loose from this and said i would go to jail. She then demanded to be compensated for her daughters 'time'. She wants my tax return which is almost 2 grand in cash. I asked to see her daughter's birth certificate and was denied my request. She said that she was born in 1991 which would mean she is 17 and not 16 like she claims. I found her myspace page which shows she is 17 too. What should I do? I am in NY and know that age of consent is 17. I don't know if they are playing me but i feel like this isn't the first time they did something like this. By the way I am 23.

It sounds like they're trying to play you. If her mother wants your tax return, that sounds like she is pimping her daughter. Quite honestly I'd ignore them and give them nothing. If they threaten to call the police, tell them that's fine or go to the local police station and ask to speak to a detective, explain the situation. Something tells me you're not the first they tried to scam.

Your being played hun.... I say don't bother with it.. They'd get into ALOT of trouble if the law finds out because it's prostitution. I'm pretty sure they've done this more than once, why else would the mom want your tax return? Hope my answer helped!!

No you're okay. Everything is fine, you're definitely being played because if the step mom was to report you they'd all get into trouble because her daughter is a prostitute(which is very illegal by the way).

You need to cut off all contact with them and move on with your life because I can tell that you are a good guy who just got caught up in some wrong things, which only means that you are human, so move on.

I'm just very sorry that you had to get played like that and in that way by someone who you really trusted, I know how that feels and it sucks. But you'll find that right girl and you'll know for sure that she's the one, I promise:) So don't worry...be happy!

Goodluck & Godbless<3