I had a consultation with Dr. Teresita Mascardo today for abdominal liposuction. She said it would be $1,500 per area (4 areas at $6,000). I don't know how I feel about her though. Her consult was very fast - almost like she just wanted to get it over with and get me in her calendar for surgery. She was not an overly friendly or comforting person. It was just boom boom boom - that is what you need and this is how much is it - when do you want to come in? So, I called another surgeon in the area & asked the woman on the phone who was scheduling my consult, how much this doctor charges for one area of lipo & she said $4,500. I had to repeat my question because that seemed really high considering Dr. Mascardo charges less than half of that for one area. I also saw that she was sued in Danbury back in 1998, so that kind of worries me too. Any feedback on Dr. Mascardo? Also, is there an average rate for liposuction?

I, too, feel the same way about Dr. Mascardo - cold, not overly friendly or comforting, etc. HOWEVER - her work is 100%. She did my breast aug in 2001 and I just went back to her (last week) for scar removal and lipo on my stomach and hips. Even though her persona isn't what you would want or expect in a doctor - I truly believe that once you get passed that, her results speak for themselves. I travel 1.5 hours each way to continue to see her. Best of luck to you.

She's out of commision....

March 29, 2007 COSMETIC SURGEON PLEADS GUILTY TO FEDERAL TAX CHARGES

Kevin J. O’Connor, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, announced that DR. TERESITA MASCARDO, age 59 of 653 Branchville, Road, Ridgefield, Connecticut, pleaded guilty today before Senior United States District Judge Ellen Bree Burns in New Haven to one count of making and subscribing a false income tax return. In addition, TERESITA MASCARDO, M.D., P.C., the professional corporation through which MASCARDO conducted her medical practice, pleaded guilty to a charge of tax evasion.

According to documents filed with the Court and statements made in court, MASCARDO is a surgeon whose practice involves elective cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery, and she maintained offices in Manhattan, Ridgefield, and Danbury. In pleading guilty, MASCARDO admitted that, during the years 1998 through 2001, she skimmed receipts of her professional corporation, but did not record these receipts on the books and records of the corporation. On her 2001 individual income tax return filed with the IRS, MASCARDO reported income in the amount of $179,005, but omitted additional amounts of income, which she had skimmed from her professional corporation. MASCARDO’s total tax deficiency for the 2001 tax year amounted to approximately $4,726. Similarly, MASCARDO’s professional corporation did not report the skimmed receipts as income on its corporate tax return for the year 2000, resulting in a total tax deficiency of $17,206 for that year.

Judge Burns has scheduled sentencing for June 19, 2007, at which time MASCARDO faces a maximum term of imprisonment of three years of imprisonment and a fine of up to $100,000. Her professional corporation, TERESITA MASCARDO, M.D., P.C., faces a maximum penalty of five years of probation and a $500,000 fine. Both MASCARDO and her professional corporation have fully paid the taxes due and owing for the years 1998 through 2001, along with penalties and interest.

This case was investigated by the Internal Revenue Service – Criminal Investigation Division. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney John A. Marrella.

CONTACT:

U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE

****

**edited by moderator**emails not allowed**