Is there any possibility of becoming pregnant if I were to have unprotected sex on the sixth day of my period with my boyfriend who has a low sperm count? I've had unprotected sexual intercourse two times with him when I have not been on my menstrual period in which he had cummed in me about 3 to 4 times and I have not gotten pregnant. So what do you suggest? Can i get pregnant toward the end of my period if i were to use no condom whatsoever. I am only 17 years old. Please help me!

So, you're wondering, can I be pregnant if I have sex on cycle day six? The answer is "that depends", on your actual cycle, that is. If you're asking if anyone can get pregnant on day six of their menstrual cycles, then the answer is "definitely". Generally speaking, the shorter your cycle, the higher your chances of ovulating earlier on in that cycle. So if you have a 21 day cycle you have a higher chance of getting pregnant from sex on cycle day six than if you have a 31 day cycle, you know?

Concretely, some advice for you:

• If you're wondering whether you can be pregnant NOW, take a test if you miss your period. 
  • If you're wondering whether having sex while on your period is safe if you do not want to get pregnant, the answer's no. Go get some contraceptives. Condoms, the pill, depo provera, whatever you prefer, but use it!

It depends on your menstrual cycle. Ovulation takes place 14-15 days before your next period. You can get pregnant if you have unprotected sex 5 days before your ovulation because that is how long sperm stays alive inside.

So, if your cycle lasts 24 days, then your period would occur on the 9th day from the beginning of your period. This means that having sex on the 6th day could get your pregnant. If your cycle lasts 30 days, then you are unlikely to get pregnant from this particular intercourse.

So you're wondering, can I be pregnant from unprotected intercourse on cycle day six? The answer to that is yes, depending on your cycle. Remember that sperm survives inside you for up to five days, so let's say you ovulated on day 12, you could get pregnant. Some women also ovulate later or earlier, so it would highly depend on that. 

The low sperm count is a different and more difficult issue. How low is his sperm count? It would reduce your odds of being pregnant, anyway. 

If you don't want to get pregnant, do look into regular birth control anyway because it only takes one sperm!

Can I Get Pregnant On The Sixth Day Of Being On My Period?