is it possible if on the day ur ovulating you have sex,and get pregnant

The answer is yes. The most likely time to get pregnant is by having sex a couple of days before (sperm can live 3-5 days) or the day of ovulation

Hi people!
We've been trying to get pregnant.But dont know for sure if we are using the right method. First this month we had intercourse on 3 consecutive days on my 12th,13th and 14th 2x that night ...then on 15th day i started ovulating,atleast i though it was ovulation,it was a little clearer than yellow mucus,stretchy and light cramping.Actually how long does ovulating last?and how likely for me to conceive? And how many days do i have to wait b4 i can take a pregnancy test?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
lthaby :-D

Sound like you were ovulating, the egg lasts for around 24 hours. Sounds like you will have plenty of swimmer waiting to fertilize the egg ;-)
It takes a healthy couple with no fertility problems around 6 months on average to conceive, so statistically around 20% chance a month. Some get lucky first time trying, some take a year or more.
You can take a pregnancy test on the day you are due for your period, although it can take until you are a couple of days late for the result to show positive

I would like to thank you for replying to my post. And you know what,hopefully those sperms can swim and win that would result a baby. I cant wait! Will update you and never heard from me,meaning another disappointment again.

Thanks again,

lthaby

hi again,

So if on my 15th cycle was my ovulation,is it possible for me to ovulate until on my 19th cycle.Because I was having this mucus like egg white everyday since my 15th cycle until my 19th. Ofcourse accompanied by on-off light cramping.If not, what is this?

Please reply as soon as possible for those who wants to give their thoughts, like always will greatly appreciate it!

thanks,
lthaby :-D

Ovulation only lasts 24-48 hours..You release an egg and within 2 days it dies if it is not fertilized!

In all honesty, THE ONLY real way to know if you ovulate is to use ovulation predictor kits, otherwise you are guessing....
Many women over and underestimate days that they ovulate because they cannot sdeem to decipher their mucous etc...

Generally you will ovulate on the last day you notice the stretchy mucous or the following day. It does differ for every person, and as carifairy said, the most accurate way to find out is to use ovulation predictor tests

what is it? the mucus that coming out from after the day of my ovulation.see i was 3 or 5 days late on my period last time.then when i finally had it,it was lighter than normal and one day of that i had a really sharp pain that i never have in my entire life.then after an hour it quit and i was fine.Then right now i was having this mucuslike egg for about 5 days and on-off cramping the rest of this week.What it could be?

Thanks for help and more power to everyone in this website.

had sex with a girl on june 10th she now says that she is pregnant on the 22nd after she went to the doctor today is that possible

It could be possible yes, especially since blood pregnancy tests are accurate that soon after sex.

IF YOU DID not use a condom you should almost EXPECT pregnancy to happen, this is no surprise when a perosn is having unprotected sex. SHE DOES have options if she does not want a baby...In the future it would be wise to use a condom =)

Hey,
She was probably ovulating when you had sex so yes, there is a very good chance that she is.

Ithaby,

The egg white like discharge is typical of ovulation. If your cycle is off you may have ovulated on a different day. You might want to learn about the "Basal body temperature method" It can help you recognize your fertile time so you can plan accordingly. Also planning intercourse for every other day is often recommended so that you don't lower the sperm count.

All that said, Good Luck.

Hi me and my girlfriebd had sex a week after her period and i cumed up inside her %-) will she be pregnant? thanx

Is it a strong chance i could get pregnant having sex 2 days in a row while ovulating??