I’ve been on Vesicare as my main treatment for interstitial cystitis, but after half a year of using it, I can’t really see any difference in either constant bladder pressure or how frequently i need to urinate. Since I’ve been reading a bit and found out that another interstitial cystitis medication, Toviaz, works better in managing bladder pain I talked to my doctor and I want to switch from Vesicare to Toviaz, but after I get my prescription filled, are there any special precautions when changing from Vesicare to Toviaz that I need to consider?

have you been on the same dose of Vesicare for all this time? Perhaps your urologist should have considered changing it to a higher one because it's somewhat strange that it didn't help with your interstitial cystitis symptoms at all and you are using it for half a year.

As far as switching to Toviaz is concerned, I just continued taking it the day after the last Vesicare pill. I was already expecting to deal with dry mouth and constipation came back, but since Vesicare stopped working for me, Toviaz offered me at least some relief, even though it wasn't as good as Vesicare, in my opinion.