I am 23. When I was 15 I noticed I had a lump in my scrotum. When I went to the doctors and had it examined and had the ultrasound done they identified it as a testicular cyst. There was one large one and 5 small not very noticable ones. The doctor said that they were attached to the epididymis. Although they do cause some slight discomfort sometimes, I am always worried they they could turn cancerous or choke my testicles or make me impotent. The doctor said that there isnt any hurry to remove them and its been 8 years now. Although I would like a second opionion on the matter. I was also wondering can they cause any form of erectile disfucntion?

I'm 21 I had the same thing 3 years ago and have been wondering the same question. I had mine removed though I didn't wanna risk it, but the urologist said he saw another cyst on the other nut when he was in there but he didn't take it out so I have been wondering if it could turn cancerous. I've been trying to figure out why the cysts grew there, I have insomnia and noticed that every time I take melatonin it makes my nut hurt the next day like it used to when I had the cyst on it. I read that melatonin made rats infertile too. And some guys grew breasts.

Guest wrote:

That just scares me.
I'm 23 years old. I've had a cyst on my right nut sack since Jan. 2006.
Recently it has gotten a little bit bigger, and you can almost see a a weaker ... whitehead like wall on top.
What's odd also, is my left nut is always in pain ... yes, the other nut.
What I see when I google this stuff is that people who have cyst ... are also dealing with pain in the other nut. But, there's no connection?
I've seen it for the past year throughout the forms, but the Dr.'s say the pain has nothing to do with it.
I'm hopfully going to get mine removed shortly, honestly just for cosmetic reasons. Cyst run in my family, and I already have hidden ones throughout my body ... just got unlucky with where this one ended up.
If anyone knows the connection on why when a guy gets a cyst one of there nuts starts to hurt, and gets worse and worse and worse with time, please post here =) I'll be checking back every so often. Thanks!

im 21 and i have had one since i was 17-18 and i do experiance pain and its the size of peanut i went to get it checked ultra sound and the guy was like yeh its just a cyst , so i dunno but once in awhile it hurts so bad , so i think im gonna get a second opinion, what do u guys think ????????

Hi there,

I found a tiny lump along the epididymis almost four years ago. Being paranoid, I immediately presumed testicular cancer and rushed to see my doctor (and I'm the shy type so it was that urgent). I had the testicular exam and she (the doctor) said she found nothing unusual. It didn't really hurt though it was ever so slightly tender to the touch. She couldn't even find it and my scrotum was so shrunken from the cold that I don't think i could have either! lol Anyway, since nothing seemed to be wrong I forgot about it. This week I came across the lump I found back then in the same position except it seems to be a tiny bit bigger and there is a tiny one right near it. They're relatively hard and are right next to each other. I examined the other testicle and found nothing noteworthy. I have noticed no other changes (penile discharge, change in urine, or anything like that). I read that testicular cacerous tumours are seldom accompanied by pain and that in fact they're usually perfectly painless. Nevertheless, my imagination has been running wild recently. I see myself dead before accomplishing any of the things I hoped to do (like have kids, visit China, or get a Husky as a pet. How concerned should I really be? I would go to see another physician but herein the Caribbean, visits are rather expensive. I'd hate to fork out all that money for yet another fluke. I am not in pain. There is a slight ache and they're a tad bit tender to the touch, but nothing really hurts. When should I worry (more than I am already worrying - if that's even possible)? I am now 29, of Caribbean ethnicity, and have no family history of testicular cancer. Thanks for your input.

Since 2000, I have had a cyst on my right testicle. Just got it out Friday.. but it still looks just as big! I just think it's swollen from the operation. Hurts like a b***h when I walk. But it wasn't cancerous, I just felt very insecure when working. (I am a professional athlete/dancer/performer). So it always looked like I had a huge bowling ball in my pants!

I am 19, when i was 15 i found a cyst the doctor said it was a nothing thing to just ignore it.. so i did for a few years, then the pain started up again when i was 17, so i went to the doc and they told me to go see a urologist, and i did. and it was a cyst.. but when i went to get an ultrasound they focused on the OTHER testie... i didn't know why till they said i had a tumor in the other one, ...a tumor that i couldn't see, feel, or touch, it was inside.. plus the cyst on the other one, so they rushed a surgury on me and they had to takle out the whole ball, now i still have the cyst.. and it still hurts sometimes and i still only have that one ball so i dont want to have to get rid of that too..

I recently went to get a ultrasound and my doctor called me today telling me i had a 1 inch cyst. I ask if i should worry about it and they said no but if i want it removed they can have it scheduled. 1 inch seems pretty big to me is this something i should worry about? i mean i never have pain when left alone. i have read that some guys have massive ones way bigger then mine and have had no problems, except when of course it is twisted in one way or another.

Thanks in advance.

Hey
I am 20 and month ago I visited doctor and now I have testicular cyst, which I am fine with.
It doesnt hurt, doc said I dont ahve to remove it et, but now I feel some other problems there, and I am asking does it have to do with that cyst; I cant get it hard anymore, like before..
I dont know is it something in my head actually cause I think too much about it so it may be that, or can cyst be the problem, or something totally different?
It doesnt get full hard and it really annoys and scares me.
thx anyway

im 24 now and i had a cyst on my left testicle the size of a silver dollar at the age of 14 , it seriously it looked like i had 3 balls !!! Went and had it removed and no problems, now at 24 i noticed i had a small lump again and was told that i couldnt get in the same testicle but i did some research and i dont think its cancerous but mine has no pain, no swelling has remained the same size for a week im going to get checked out in april when my medical insurance kicks in should i be concerned that its reoccurring and get it removed? Please feel free to input !!!

Id say to anyone with a cyst or cancer...as soon as its caught dont wait get it removed or treated...Im 22 and i have a pregnant wife who's 4 months...Ive been trying to get my life together and i found a lump about 3 weeks ago which got larger in a very short amount of time...it was he size of a grain of rice and its now the size of a pea on my left testicle. Ive seen a difference in size with my right testi and its way larger and hangs really low...Its very painful if touched or when i sleep...im going to an ultrasound today to get a diagnosed and i wish everyone the best of luck.

I am a 62 yr old landscaper. I have had a large cyst on or adjacent to my right testicle. I have been aware of it for 8 years and it has grown. It is now the size of a goose egg. It still recedes into my abdomen when my balls do and it is just beginning to be large enough to be a nuisance. I am suprised that so many young fellers are having this problem. When I checked it out with my Urologist he was completely non plussed about it telling me not to worry unless it begins to bother me. The size is beginning to bother me because it occasionally gets in the way depending what i am doing. I have also just started to get aching sensations intermittently from that area and I think its getting to be about time to have it removed. My main reservation is I had a bubble of water turn up on my knee a few years ago and my GP chose to insert a needle and extract the fluid out. the next day the knee hurt like I cant describe and 3 days later the bubble was back. I would not want to have that kind of pain in my balls that's for sure but its getting hard to live with the size of this thing now. I have not found any direct correlation between cysts and other forms of disease like cancer. A cyst as I understand it is a benign pocket of water and any number of things can cause them. I have heard that daily doses of Wheatgrass juice chlorophyl can eliminate them but havnt tried that yet.

This thread of posts has a lot of men on it who are concerned about their cysts or lumps.... I'm not a doctor, which is really why I am posting. If you are even remotely concerned about something being cancerous its worth the money to find out with a doctor, OR the drive into the nearest city with a FREE CLINIC.

My boyfriend had a lump, he went in and it turns out it was just a clump of enlarged veins (fairly common apparently, and apparently feel like a "bag of worms" and apparently usually on the left one). We spent $600 to find out he had a bag of worms feeling vein on his ball. Was it worth it? YES. Because now we don't have to worry and if it was cancer he'd get treated--- instead of die. His grandfather-in-law was ill for a month, didn't go to the doctor, and wound up he had testicular cancer, but it had progressed for too long to be helped and he ended up dying from it. So its really worth it to check. I know it costs a lot, but we just spent $600 on some essentially harmless veins (although they can cause fertility issues), so even though he's fine.... its STILL worth it to know for certain.... if he wound up with cancer it would have been even MORE worth it to know. You can't take $$$ to your grave.

okay I have read all the guys in here talking about I have a cyst on my testicle, well go and get it checked, my brother had the same thing, went for an ultrasound they said it was nothing to worry about, over the weekend the cyst decided to make its presence known, it had came to the surface looking like as one guy described a white head, he did the un thinkable and popped it, releasing the infection through out his body, and now is very sick. He has had another ultrasound done and we are waiting for results, the ER Doc told him at best he would probably have to have the testicle removed ASAP.. They cannot tell my brother what caused it, what kind of infection it is, just that right now he is a very sick person..
So if you are wondering it is better to go and get it checked. and if you have gotten it checked and are still concerned go get a 2nd opinion..

Guys,
All your posts have one thing in common.... worry and fear.

If you want reassurance, schedule a visit to a doctor and let them examine you. If you want a second opinion, after being examined, go see a urologist. Yes, they can be more expensive...but then, how much is your peace of mind worth?

Some of you have been told not to worry about it, yet you do.
Some have been given the option of surgery, and you may not want to pursue it. YOUR DOCTOR KNOWS BEST.

Don't feed off each other's fears. Go get checked out!