I am a 17 year old and 5 months ago I noticed a lump above my left testicle it doesnt hurt and is soft and can be moved around I was worried about it then forgot about it up until now. I've been having back pain for the last 5 days and I'm wondering if its TC. I will go to a doctor soon but I would like some opinions about it first thank you

Hi John,

Is this lump attached to your testicle or not?  You say it can be moved, so is it on the tubes?

It could be a spermatocele or an epididymal cyst.  Neither are serious and often do not require any treatment.

Unfortunately you will need to see your doctor to confirm.

Good luck.

I'm not entirely sure if its attached to the testicle. I think it is? Can spermatocele cause lower back pain though I've been having it for almost a week

There can be some discomfort with a spermatocele. Any pain in the genitals can be referred though the lower back/groin.

If it is attached to the testicle you do need to see a doctor, now. Unfortunately that can indicate testicular cancer. If you have a choice, a urologist would be the preferred doctor - this is what they specialize in.

It may not be testicular cancer. You are at an age where it can occur. So you do need to get it checked.

Keep us posted.

Good luck.

I'm getting it checked this Saturday but this is all so sudden? For 5 months there wasn't anything I'm not lethargic nor experience any sudden weight loss is it possible for TC to go so long without any more noticeable symptoms

Often it doesn't cause any pain or other symptoms. Sometimes there is a dull, heavy feeling. Usually finding a lump is the first sign. Not everyone has "all" the symptoms.

Again, it may not be TC.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Right so I went to see a doctor about it he sent me a hospital referral to see a urologist on the 25th. He says it's probably nothing and could just be an engorged vein due to blood time will tell I suppose

That's good it's not TC.
It sounds more like a form of epididymitis. That often resolves on it's own.

Good luck Guest.

Still worried about the back pain though been over 1 week now. I'm going to have to postpone the scan until after the 3rd of December due to exams don't know if that's a good idea

Epididymitis can cause pain/discomfort too. Anything in the groin can make the back sore.