hello all im new to this forum as you can tell

Im 18 years old and i have recently discoverd a small lump on my right testicle in the upper, back region. this is the first time i have ever encountered something like this.
I have visited my doctor, he checked it out and he briefly said that it is a cyst and it should clear up in about a week (if not it would get bigger and inflamed), but i have read other posts on this forum and apparantly cysts are soft and painless. But mine feels a bit achey when feel it but it doesnt hurt when left alone, it feels a little hard, should i be worried? im going to my hospital/surgery for an ultrasound scan just to make sure as i am very nieve to this sort of thing.
i do a lot of heavy lifting nearly everyday but my doctor said that it was not caused by the lifting but has just came along and is nothing to worry about.

basically should i be worried? has anyone else had this?

A reply would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi there! You don’t have any associated pain except for the tenderness when pressured?

Because of the location of your lump I thought that it could be an epididymitis, and inflammation of the tube that is situated on top and at the back of your testicle but men who experience this inflammation usually develop fever and pain that develop and progress, they may experience pain in groins and swelling of the epidymitis. Most of the symptoms can be aggravated by heavy lifting. However, you don’t seem to be in so much pain.

Did your doc say about what kind of cyst he had in mind. I am aware of two types of cysts that can occur down there. They are hydrocele and spermatocele.

Spermatoceles are epididymal cysts. There is usually sperm in the fluid. They are the most common cystic condition found within the scrotum. The spermatocele is soft and fluctuant.
Hydrocele is usually smooth and not tender. It is a collection of watery fluid around the testicle.

An ultrasound or transillumination should tell what it really is.

thank you m8 i really aprreciate the reply

Well this morning i woke up and found that it is a little bigger than before but there is no pain which i found quite strange.

I am visiting a different doctor at my same surgery today to get a second opinion

Good luck at the doc's and let me know what it turned out to be!

hey there m8 i apreciate you caring :-D

yea the doc said that it wasnt on testicle at all it was seperate (dnt know how i missed that lol) but he said surgery is only necessary if it is bothering me which it is not. it is a cyst but the one that begins with "E" i forget epyd...something lol but now basically i forget thats its there so should be ok :-D

Thnx very much for your concern there mate appreciate it :-D

I also have a swelling just where the tube conects to the testicle, this is on the right testicle,and this side now rests lower than the left which is a change.
I have a dull ache and i have consistently darker than usual urine.
I went to the docs and he said that it is either an std, (which i would be surprised as i have not had sex for 4 months,and why therefore would these symptoms arise now?) - or he said that it could be a cyst? -Should i go for a cancer scan?
hope to hear from some wise one.thanks. ?

Can you have a testicular cyst removed without surgery, such as laser or another means of removal ?

Yeah. I have the same thing and its a bit more prominent when i have an erection too the lump's been there since year 10 and im now in 3rd year at uni... The lump is apparently a cyst and the doc says its harmless. Its still better to get it checked out cos if you've seen fight club, you dont wanna end up losing your nuts and growing b***h tits like Robert Paulsen.

hey,
im almost 18 myself and i too have, a very similar problem like yourself..
i discoverd a lump on my right testicle in an almost exact spot as you have described.. my doctor says that it is nothing to be too concernd about thought to be sure, go and get a testicular ultrasound, which i am in the next few days.
just thought i'd let you no that your not the only one in your position, reading your letter/email has comforted me to know that im not the only one and that it seems to be a common diagnose. all the best with your results.
Aaron

I have the same problem as you its just scary.

I too have it on my right testicle, getting an ultrasound tomorrow, I am 17 too, turning 18 this year and my name is also Aaron... very weird

Hi all,

Am 49 and do heavy lifting for a living (sacks of grain). I too have cyst-type lump on cord/tube comming from right testicle. Am off to ultrasound soon. have done some web research and there's an even chance its a spermatocele or epididymitis but the ultrasound will confirm. For info, mine grows a few % each day and is 'lingering-ache' but not painful. Second week and its about the size of a really large pea. Stay tuned......

I have recently discovered a lump on my right testicle. After going to the doctors, I'm being referred to a specialist down the local hospital for a scan to see what it is.

People have said to keep positive because it could be nothing, and some are saying it could be a cyst, but I'm honestly not sure until I have this scan.

dude i woke up one day and i had this little lump..feels like a rice or something sticking out of the "tip" of my testicle(testicle lies down flat and the front part is where im refering too) i havnt seen a doctor or anything but i was wondering what it could b..its hard and kinda pointy...really small

Hey guys,

I'm 26 years old and I'm in the military and I have a lump under my testicle - not on my testicle but it feels like a tube. I saw my primary doctor and he did a thorough physical exam and said he believes its hydrocele or spermatocele and I should not worry about it because men gets it.

Relieved but not satisfied with the answer, I went to see another military doctor and he did the same physical exam and told me that the first doctor is correct; however, he said it is spermatocele instead of hydrocele.

I was worried, so he sat down with me and explain the whole anatomy of my scrotom. I hope my experience help.

I have a problem as well.

I had this pain in my groin once when I was 18 and the urologist said it was a intermittent torsion of my left testicle, i went for an ultrasound and they found a 5 mm cyst.

21 now, happened again, and i went back to to the doctor and he said it was probably nothing, I'm going to get another ultrasound this week i notice a little lump on the side of my left testicle... could this be a cyst?

I'll admit it's a little hard to find, but it's not as smooth as my right. Could this be cancer?

I don't have a lot of pain, been using the bathroom a little bit more. Im just concerned and I think I'm going crazy. I don't know. Guess I'll find out if my life is going to get a thousand times worse or not on friday