I need to know if the soap can cause some allergy problems. Can it cause eczema? I have been eliminating one thing at the time, and the only thing left is soap. And the interesting thing is, it’s the soap I have used before on several occasions. So, how am I supposed to know what soap will give me trouble?

Yes, soaps can cause the allergy reaction, although it is skin related only. I suppose you are being irritated by some oils or herbs contained it that soap. And it is not uncommon to develop an allergy to something you did not have the problem with before. So, I guess you will have to do allergen patches test, to determine what exactly is that you are allergic to.

Yes soap can cause eczema.I suffered with itchy blistering eczema all over my body for 2 years because of it.I tried everything and seen a few different doctors before I figured out it was soap causing it.I use a product called Ceatphil instead now and my eczema is completely gone.It actually went away within a week of stopping using soap.Needless to say it was a huge releif to figure it out because the eczema I had from the soap was quite severe.Try going a few days without using soap, if it is soap causing your eczema you should get relief after just a few days soap free and you should start to heal up.Hope I was helpful and good luck I know how irritating and ugly eczema can be.

Oh and just to add I developed the sensitivity to soap at age 30, and never had a problem before, so it can just start all of a sudden even if you have no previous history of allergies or sensitivity to the soap.It really came out of nowhere for me.

I used Tom's of Maine Sensitive Unscented Beauty Bar on my face, neck, and body. Within minutes, I had eczema on my face and neck - looks like a chemical burn.

I think it may be that the soap does not have enough fat/moisturizers, so it dried up the more sensitive body tissues thereby causing eczema. Applying loads of petroleum jelly to keep the skin from being itchy and hot.