Hi Everyone!

I am some one who has been suffering with eczema my whole life. Although my doctor told me that my eczema may go away or get better as I get older, I have come to realize that as of my 20th birthday yesterday, it is continuing to get worse. :cry: As a child I had it on the backs of my knees and elbows. Now I have bad break outs and I get it on my entire neck my entire arms, and also all of my legs. It is so awful, and the itch is so bad, aspecially at night i can never get to sleep any more. I have noticed the dry skin and eczema is moving to other places on my body like my hair line, my ears, my jaw line and my shoulders and chest. I went to the walk in clinic to see what they could do, and she perscribed me with some hydrocrtisone pills- take 6 of the tiny things daily for five days, it helped but came back in full right away. I cant even remember the last time I could wear a t shirt or anything I want or had a good sleep. It is so bad that my whole body is always very dry, even mineral oil baths dont always help. I even bought a book, I really dont know what else to do, but i wont let this control and ruin my life any more. Today I woke up after a nap and my neck is all red and kinda raw, and completely swollen I can barely turn my neck, is this a allergic reaction or what is it? Anyone with any sort of information or tips on eczema, please please, write me back, Thank you for your time, Jolene.

Hi, I have an similar problem on the same areas of a body and therapy witch I use is corticosteroid cream witch is not helpful. Rash is always coming back and all I could tell you is to take soup with coal tar, avoid scratch and to use this cream once a day. There is no cure, because cause of eczema is hereditary and taped with history of allergies and asthma witch is for now non track.
I hope that you find someone who knows more than me!

EUCERIN: dry skin therapy might help. My mother has had exzema all her life on her elbows and this is what her doctor recommended. I'm developing the same thing and for me this really helps the itch.

use a moisturizer by the name of eucerin. and also cool compresses will help keep itchyness to the minimal extent. Dont scratch and dress in way so that even though the rashes are unpleasant to look at that they are open so that air can ventilate and keep your rases clear of any irritation.

i used to have ecszema im me on k4n6b4n6 for any further questions
: )

Advice for Eczema: I've also had eczema since childhood. I really think that avoiding or minimising coffee, acidic fruit juices and fruits (particularly OJ), cows milk, tomatoes and strangely avoiding white wine helps. Taking cold showers after sport helps also as sweat irritates my skin, and drinking lots and lots of water hydrates the skin better. Products I have found most effective at almost removing any eczema from my face include Dr Spiezia's Propolis and Calendula Ointments and Aesop's Camelia Nut facial crean - both expensive and quite hard to get hold of, but they work.

A lotion from Melaleuca called Renew works wonders and isn't greasy like Eucerin. Did FAR better in double blind study compared to Eucerin & is less expensive. Let me know if you want more info. email me at _[removed]_

Try 1 TBL apple cider vinegar mixed w/ 1TBL honey and water every day. This should help clear things up. It doesn't taste great, but it does help if you do it every day.

I had eczema since I was 10 months old and over the years it had continued to get worse. I tried EVERYTHING, hydrocortisone, predisone, aveno, eucirin. The only thing that really works is Aquaphor. Anyway, when I was about 16 I had broken out soo bad, I was scratching until I was bleeding. I had it on my legs, thighs, calfs, arms stomach, elbows, everywhere. My mothere took me to a skin doctor and they gave me Sarna cooling lotion to stop the itching. It took awhile to work but I have not scratched that much since. My doctor also gave me protopic, elicon and triamcilone (all ointment). My eczema is almost gone! However I still have breakouts during the summer.

I was prescribed Fluocinonide topical solution at the age of like 15 when I had my first and worst ezcema break out and it truly works miracles guys. I had ezcema on the back of my head on down my neck! It was under my arm pits, my back, my arms, legs!!! It was absolutely horrible and I was so insecure because my hair was coming out in the back where I scratched it raw. As soon as a put the liquid topical solution on the ezcema areas it went right away. It burned because I had been scratching but it worked like a true MIRACLE! Now the ezcema appears in different random spots but I just rub the solution right on it and it just goes a way within a day or two. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASE try this stuff it is wonderful. Its been over 2 years and I am using the same bottle. It has expired for about 3 months now but I DONT care I am still using it until it's all gone (probably not recommended but it still works the same!). I highly recommend this because it changed my life!

Hi, My daughter and I both have eczema and it is annoying! I change my lotions from time to time to aveeno and gold bond healing lotion those are the only two that do not burn for us. also i have found that eating fish such as tuna is what i prefer helps tremendously! when I keep fish in my diet i get slim to no breakouts. Omega-3 fish oil and B6 vitamins would replace the fish if you aren't a fish lover.

I have found that Beaudreux'S butt paste for diaper rash helps because it helps seal the moisture in :-)

For those who suffer from eczema, there really is no full-proof cure. It is something that you have to manage throughout your life. Eczema is caused by your allergies, so if you can't manage your allergies you won't be able to manage your eczema. I would suggest taking a series of allergy tests including a blood test to see what you are allergic to and a food allergy test. Find out exactly what you are allergic to and try to avoid these things. Many people are allergic to dust and dust mites. The indoor environment is typically more unhealthy than outside because a lot of allergens get trapped inside. Dust and mold are a couple of examples of this. Try to keep your living and working environment clean as possible by eliminating as much dust and mold as possible. Do this by getting a good air purifier to clean the air and regulate the humidity level by using a dehumidifier or humidifier depending on how humid or dry your environment is. If things get too dry your skin can begin to show signs of eczema but it can also be inflamed by excessive humidity. Your sleeping environment is also very important. Your bed can pick up loads of dust mites and their excrement. This can be a serious health issue for many. I would suggest getting hypoallergenic bedding such as mattresses, mattress covers, pillows, pillow covers and comforters. Dust mites live off of moisture and dead human skin. They burrow inside of our mattresses, pillows, comforters, cushions, carpets, etc. This is why it is important to eliminate as many of these breeding grounds as possible. Try to eliminate carpets if possible. Make sure to dust and vacuum your house every week. Another important thing is to exercise and sweat a lot even if it may be uncomfortable. The more you sweat the better the chance that you rid your body of impurities and possibly some of the allergens. Moisturize enough to keep your skin from drying out but don't do this excessively because it may lead to heat rashes. Don't neglect your office environment either. Follow all of these guidelines in your office too because you spend a good amount of time there also. Do your best not to scratch yourself. If necessary use some hydrocortisone cream sparingly in order to provide relief in the worst of situations. Try out different antihistamines to see if one may reduce the effects of your allergies. From what every doctor told me these are safe to take daily for the rest of your life. They essentially inhibit your body's reaction to things your body is allergic to. Also, beware of dermatologists or doctors who try t push new drugs or ointments on you. Some of these may have no effect at all while some may only alleviate the problem to a small degree. Try to stay away from steroid ointments and pills. If necessary use hydrocortisone creams sparingly to ease the itch. And most importantly don't stop trying to find out for yourself what measure work best for you. You have to be proactive in finding the best possible combination of measures that work for you. Going to a doctor or dermatologist is only a first step. This is more of a lifestyle type decision where you have to incorporate these measures in your every day life. This is what I've come to discover in dealing with my own battle with eczema and allergies.

hi
i also have suffered with the same problem all my life. i have good days and some really bad. you should watch your diet by keeping an eye which food products cause you more itching, my email if yoy require more advice _[removed]_

I am 46 and have had eczema since I was a baby. Over the years, dermatologists used all kinds of ointments and things to try and control my eczema, but over the past 20 or so years, I have been using triamcinalone cream. It works wonders, but just last week I went for a refill and my doctor told me that I had to stop using it on my face because it can cause a thinning of the skin. She would only prescribe one tube for me and she used to give me a years worth of refills before. So I only made it four days without using my triamcinalone and my face is red and swollen. I cannot possible go out into public like this or to work. I feel for you. I wish someone could help me because I don't know what to do now

Ok. I have been cursed with eczema since i was in like fourth grade, im 18 now, and it has spread. I have it on my elbow creases, my whole neck, the front and back of my shoulders, and ugly spots all over my arms. My mother is a family doctor, so trust me, i have tried every prescription possible. lol. But, the good news is i accidentally found a cure. see i started a job as a lifeguard at a water park, and decided to go to a tanning bed so i wouldnt fry in the sun....This may sound weird but its working.... So here is the process....
1. disenfectant: take a bath with 1/4 cup of bleach in lukewarm water for twenty minutes, or go to a tanning bed once a day for 10 minutes (my mom hates that i do it but ultraviolet rays kill germs... snd keep me tan :)
2. They say two to three minutes after getting out of the bath apply moisturizer aquafor makes me itch so not that. my mom gave me this stuff called triam/menthol/salicyclic acid (o.1%/1%/1%) its good because it has menthol which almost freezes your skin, an anti-itch, and a very moderate steriod, what a great combination.
3. take an allergy pill before going to bed. ie benedryl its good for allergies and it helps you sleep.
4. through out the day apply this stuff called fluocinonide it is a really strong steriod cream and very potent, but hey it does the job really well.

do this process when you have breakouts....
Now here are some steps for controlling it...
1. keep on tanning or bathing in bleach, dermatoligist may be against it, but it makes your wrinkely not inflame eczema, just make sure you always turn the fan on)
2. bathe with cetaphil it really does make your skin soft..!
3. PAT your skin dry and apply the cetaphil lotion all over. I often get too lazy to do this but i swear it works.

My eczema isn't completely gone... but it has gone down so much, and i only have an occassional breakout.