Hello! I am a bodybuilder and I have been diagnosed with eczema a few days ago. I would like to know if this condition is contagious because I wouldn’t want to pass it on to another people there. For the time being my skin is dry, hot and itchy, and I can’t go to the gym now. However, I would like to continue with my trainings. Will I be able to? Another thing, is this skin condition curable? Thank you for your time!

I am sure you will be able to go back to your trainings. Has your doctor prescribed something for you? With treatment the inflammation of eczema will probably be reduced, though the skin will always be sensitive to flare-ups and need extra care. This condition is not contagious and unfortunately there is no cure yet.

I've had Eczema all my life, on and off. Usually just on my hands.

Anyway it started spreading up my arms so I decided to start going to the gym and looking after myself better.

WHen I started I used to take Weight Gain, Protein shakes and Creatine. I tell you these made a great difference, to my muscles and my ezcema.

2 weeks ago I completely cut out dairy from my diet. I was taking 3 whey protein shakes a day with skimmed milk.

My eczema was all over arms, shoulders, back and was starting down my legs.

Now its nearly all gone. So if you are taking Whay protein shakes, try to cut them out for a couple of weeks. Skimmed milk although being "better for you" with less fat actually has more Lactose in it than normal milk.

hi guest

i dont understand, do you mean your eczema disappeared when u started with the whey protein shakes? or did it come back?

I ask as i have had eczema all my life and i been training for past year or so and wondering which is the best protein shakes for people with eczema/sensitive skin?

thanks

I started taking the Everstrong creatine and I now have eczema. When I stop. It goes away.

taking out whey (dairy) then it disappeared, i am about to do this myself from flare up after sunburn that is exactly where (chest n sholuders ) that day i trained right where the good damage was done so im thinking reaction to dairy (whey shake) with so much going on in that area boom flare up