Hello, folks. I have a big problem and I don’t know whom I could turn to. I have eczema for several months. Lately, my itching has become worse. I can’t even sleep at night due to eczema. I am totally sleepy all day and I cannot function properly anymore. What do you suggest me to do? I would appreciate all your advices.

Hi, there. Have you tried with moisturizing crèmes? If you haven’t, try with them in the beginning. If you have, then I suggest crèmes or ointments that contain antihistamines. If this doesn’t help, then you can take antihistamines orally. Loratidin or Claritin are excellent. At the end, you can always try with sleeping tablets. Try with diazepam, Valium, bromazepam or something similar. However, I suggest you to consult with your doctor first. He will know what the best option is. Bye!

Ask for hydroxyzine. It is an antihistimine that helps when you are very itchy so you can sleep. Warning: it causes excessive drowsiness, so don't drive with it.

Hello there,
I started getting eczema for the first time late in life (48 years old) all over my hands with blistering that was so bad it would wake me out of my sleep. Once it drove me so crazy I grabbed a scouring pad and scraped all the little bubbles off to get relief.
Was prescribed topical corticosteroid cream which would resolve it, but then would flare up within a week each time I stopped using the cream(talked to several pharmacists and my doctor to make sure I was applying properly). I was also using a special base cream that I would apply every day, at least 3 times a day and no relief.
Then one day I went back to my doctor and he suggested I use an over the counter topical cream called Impruv made by a company called Stiefel.
It was like night and day. Within 2 days the skin cleared up and I have not had to use the steroid cream more then twice in a year and then only for one day.
I could not believe how well it worked.
Please pass this information around, the cream is expensive, one small squeeze tube is 18.00 CAD when you compare to regular skin cream its like if a 900ml skin cream is 7 dollars, Impruv works out to 135 dollars for 900ml.
Fortunately you only need a very small amount.
Good luck all and pass this around.

Hi you can get wet dressings for the night. It's wet tube bandages with a same layer of dry bandages on top and wear them under pyjamas. If you try it out remember out your ointment and cream in the affected areas quite thickly before the wet bandages. It really helps me and there are videos IN youtube just type in 'wet dressings for eczema '

I have suffered a serious eczame for 3 weeks, and I'm really mad about it, it is so itchy that I can't sleep well at night. After using Foderma serum for 3 days, I feel much more better. It is almost not itchy at all, though 3 days are not enough to remove all the eczame, but I think it will be recovered in 1 week.

Hi, I also suffer from severe eczema on my hands and sometimes feet. It is so bad I can't sleep at night even when I use Hydrocortisone. I have been using Clobetasol (steroid cream that is more intense than hydrocortisone) and it has worked much better. In addition to this, Chlorphen-12 Allergy, a new antihistamine was recommended by my doctor. Couldn't find it in any stores, but it was available on Amazon. It reduced the itching and helped me get a good night of sleep. I think Clobetasol and Chlorphen-12 are the only solution for me. Hope this helps.