Hi, guys. My grandmother has dry and itchy skin. I think she might have eczema. She doesn’t want to go to see a doctor, but she constantly complains on her skin problems. Are there any over-the-counter remedies useful against eczema? I would be very grateful for that piece of info. Thanks.

Hi, there. There are some over-the-counter remedies that can be used against eczema. First, there are some ointments with low dosage of cortisones. There are emollients/moisturizers that can be used for itchy and dry skin as well. Eucerin might also help. However, I suggest you to take your grandmother to a dermatologist. You cannot know for sure whether she has eczema. It can be some other condition. A proper treatment requires a proper diagnosis. I hope she will listen to you. Bye!

Home Remedies for Eczema with Oatmeal:
Oatmeal could provide your eczema-infected skin some soothing relief.
You can even use oatmeal as soap substitute. Use it during baths. There's colloidal oatmeal that can be bought over-the-counter nowadays. Add it in your bathtub full of lukewarm water. To use oatmeal as soap substitute, just put finely ground oatmeal in a piece of soft cloth. Use it as a washcloth to rub your skin clean.
Treat Eczema with Blueberry:
Lotions made out of blueberry leaves could help reduce inflammation associated with eczema.
If you want, you can hunt for blueberry fruits and eat it to treat eczema. Blueberry is a very powerful antioxidant. Add it to your diet for best results.