Hey so my mom is 47 years old and has been going through menopause for sometime now. She has hot flashes and all that but the biggest problem is that she wont get checked out! she hasnt had a physical in 5 years! she wont go any where near my dad sexually and the 2 of them wont leave me alone. im caught in the middle. how do i get my mom to get help??? any suggestions?

What do you MEAN "She wont go anywhere near my dad sexually and the 2 of them wont leave me alone"?!!!!!! Their sex life has NOTHING to do with you and I'm concerned that they are talking to you about it! And why are they getting you in the middle of a natural IRRITATING part of life!!!?

thats what i mean! they always want my advice on stuff and i dont wanna hear it. i just want my mom to go and get checked out... it sucks and its very uncomftorable

TOTALLY!!!! What a situation for you!! 8-| You know what I would do? I would sit them both down and say to them "Mom! Dad! I do NOT want to hear one more thing about your sex life it freaks me out!, Mom! Go and get some medications, you are driving us ALL NUTS!" If either of you bring up your problems to me again I will either hang up or walk out! I DONT want to hear it!!!

Also if your mom is anything like my mom was - a RAGING Lunatic! Tape her, because honestly they don't realize what they are like - or they do and it makes them worse! I am thankful that at 45 I'm pretty good so far! BUT if I turned into my mom I would do something about it!! I'm already on pain killers and anxiety etc, so I'm sure that is what is stopping me from throwing my teenagers threw a window because they didn't make their beds!!!!! 8-| ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) XD XD

Seriously! I DO know exactly what you are going through - except for listening about my parents sex life!!! They used a surrigate for me!!!! ;-) XD It is a CRAZY house and time! Do you ever watch That 70's Show? I LOVED the part where the mom was going mental!!!

Anyway, they will give what you take! Does that make sense? So DON'T take anymore OK?

Dear Babydollz_89, OMG...you have your hands full. Clearly, no one in your household was prepared or understands what perimenopause and menopause is (I call it PM&M for short!). I was not prepared either – nor were my husband and our two kids. Let me explain a few things about PM&M that I think will help you understand what is happening to your Mom. During PM&M our hormones take a dive south! Low estrogen can cause crying, tension, hyper-sensitivity, mood swings, depression, poor self esteem, inability to concentrate, anxiousness, outbursts of anger, sleep disturbances, joint aches and pains, night sweats, hot flashes and vaginal dryness (which means sex hurts)...just to name a few! Low testosterone can cause fatigue, dry skin, low libido and headaches. Are you catching my drift? Your Mom can’t help herself. She probably feels like an alien came in and took over her body. I know I did. Of course, this is challenging for everyone! There are options and answers to help your family. Most importantly, your Mom needs to find a gyno that specializes in PM&M. She needs to educate herself about the symptoms, tests and options that are available. There is a lot of information out there. I know it can be confusing and overwhelming. That is why I wrote the book, Shmirshky: think inside the box by E. I made the book simple and easy to read. I am not a doctor or a scientist. I am an ordinary woman. Think of it as your PM&M cliff notes! I was originally writing it for my daughter. But, soon I realized that the entire sisterhood and the people who love them needed this information too! It might be helpful if you and your Dad to read the book first before you give it to your Mom. Then you will understand what your Mom is going through, you will not personalize it, and you will be able to help her help herself. No worries – it is a quick read. I call it a small book with a big story! Please keep in touch with me at our communication headquarters, At Your Cervix! Help your mom to understand: Reaching out IN! Suffering in silence is OUT! Hugs, E ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed