I had sex with my girlfriend and the condom broke. Unfortunately morning after pill isn't available in the UAE and she isn't taking the pill either, she said she was expecting her period that day but still hadn't arrived, it's been 40 hours since we had sex now and she told me she still hasn't got it. The pharmacist gave me Yaz pills a few hours after we had sex and told her to take them despite her not taking any contraceptive pills before we had sex.

Can Yaz be used as an emergency contraceptive? Any help will be much appreciated!

ABSOLUTELY 'NO'!!!!   Okay, now that that is over....if she truly was expecting her period the same day the condom broke...you shouldn't have any worries.  Because "stress" on a woman's body can also throw off her period.  Relax a bit and think about what you two are doing.  But, DO NOT POP YAZ AS A MEANS OF STOPPING A PREGNANCY!!!  It is NOT a "morning after" pill.  It IS birth control.  Perhaps that is why it was given...so that the unpredictability of a condom doesn't come into play again.  Here in the U.S.A. a pharmacist CANNOT dispense any medication without a physician's prescription...that would be illegal.  I am surprised that a pharmacist (who doesn't even know your girlfriend's medical history) would give her such a thing...terrible lack of ethics and judgment!  Without knowing her medical history...giving these pills for her consumption could cause the nastier side-effects of YAZ.  One of the worst side-effects of YAZ is blood clots leading to death.  I don't believe her life is worth that risk, do you???  No, I didn't think so...

no, no and no! Yaz is not an emergency contraception and I have to say that I get really mad when girls do believe that this can be a substitute. Well, it can't and you should keep that in your mind, no matter what you read. I was reading that some pills can be used after an intercourse and that they can prevent a pregnancy days after unprotected sex - well, that is not true. It won't help and you should not experiment with it. I don't know how to help someone who is out of the country and who to don't have an access EC but you need to find a way. Safe way! 

take 2 pills of yaz, after 12hrs, take 2 pills again.thats it

I take one now i dont know that i can take two tablet in one time is it fine if i take the other one now because i take 1tablet in 9:05 am now its 9:56am