I would like to know more about skin cancer. I am getting ready to go to the beach and I can't stop thinking about skin cancer and the risk of sunbathing. What causes skin cancer? What are the symptoms?

UV light can damage your skin and lead to skin cancer. Of course there are other factors that you should think about, like heredity, environment you live in and your life style. It is important to know that skin cancer develops very slowly during the years. Don't overexpose your skin to the sun. Skin cancer is a disease in which malignant cells are found in the outer layers of your skin. Human skin has two main layers and several kinds of cells. The top layer of skin is called the epidermis and it contains three kinds of cells: flat, scaly cells on the surface called squamous cells, round cells called basal cells and cells called melanocytes. Melanocytes give your skin its color. There are several types of cancer that start in the skin and the most common are basal cell cancer and squamous cell cancer. Skin cancer is more common in people with light colored skin and it can occur anywhere on your body. However, it is most common in places that have been exposed to more sunlight. The most common sign of skin cancer is a change on the skin, such as a growth or a sore that just won't heal. Sometime there may be a small lump that can be smooth, shiny or it can be red or reddish brown. Skin cancer may also appear as a flat red spot that is rough or scaly. You should see your doctor if you notice changes in your skin.

from may-september i stay in all day from morning till 9pm than i go outside. if no 1 in ur family had cancer ur body wont be used to this so there is rlllly bad chance that u can get it but if ur like me and have plans in ur life to be something because not to brag but i m rlly good looking and very concerned about my health and looks so i eat alot of fruit and vegtables no matter how bad some taste and never eat fries or those junk so don go in the sun if i go out in the sun for only 20min i l feel bad for like 3 days for doin that. u might call me that i m a p***y but i d rather be a p***y than dead.

Which organs of the body are most likely to be first effected by the spread of skin cancer on the back. What are the usual signs following surgery to remove the offending moles.

What serious thing that happened to me was on my lower back. I went to my doctor about a year ago, and they mentioned to me that a few moles on my body (lower back, left leg near the knee, and on the side of my face) should probably be removed. He gave me a referral to go get it checked out. The doctor I was sent to did a MINI surgery right there in the examination room! It was really easy, and painless (especially because they numbed the area first). After the "surgery" he told me to take the band-aid off after a certain amount of time, and put some Neosporin (I probably spelled that wrong, sorry!) on it, and then put on another band-aid. This repeated until the scar was fully healed, which took a couple of months. Hope this helps with your question about the surgery. :)