About two months ago something like pimple has occurred on my nose. I didn’t touch it, but left it to pass on its own. As it hasn’t changed in its appearance I tried to remove it by putting some antibacterial cream that I found in my locker. Last week I finally visited dermatologist because ‘pimple’ persisted and heard from her that it may be skin cancer. I was surprised more than scared, skin cancer on my nose? I’m still waiting for the results of the biopsy, please post if you think that it really may be skin cancer.

Well, skin cancers are increasingly common type of cancer and are more likely to occur in lighter-skinned persons. They are often curable. They are visible and detectable in early stages, so treatment usually starts on time and is successful. Treatment includes simple surgery. A friend of mine had skin cancer on his nose and had successful surgical treatment that eliminated it completely.