Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I'm really frightened. Just recently I have watched some documentary on TV about several skin cancers and there were a lot of talks about melanoma. They say that people who have a lot of moles on their body are in higher risk to develop this terrible disease.
I believe I have at least hundred of them all around the body. That scared me a lot. I don’t know how to recognize this disease.
If I understood right- if detected early they can be treated completely. I'm interested also to find out are there any pain related to melanoma because it would make him a lot easier to detect!

Hello. I know some crucial facts about these melanomas and I don’t mind sharing them with you. Like you probably know- melanoma is a cancerous tumor that grows out of melanocyte cells.
These melanocyte cells make the pigment melanin which can be found in the skin, hair, and eyes.
Devastating fact is that melanoma affects people of all ages, and is one of the most common cancers in young adults.
The most common symptom is change in the size, shape, or color of a mole on the skin. Worst thing about all this is that melanoma usually does not cause pain and that’s why, concerning possible hidden localization, it is very hard to detect.