My sister is 32 years old and one moth ago she was diagnosed with melanoma skin cancer. I would like to know more about it. In addition, is it true that this cancer can have eye metasis? Please give me some information because I am worried about my sister.

I am sorry to hear about your sister. Melanoma is the most serious type of cancer of the skin. The skin is the body’s largest organ and it has two main layers: the outer epidermis and the inner dermis. Melanoma is a type of skin cancer and it begins in cells in the skin called melanocytes. Cells from malignant tumors can invade and damage nearby tissues and organs and cancer cells can break away from a malignant tumor and enter the bloodstream or lymphatic system. The spread of cancer is called metasis, and it can happen anywhere in the body, including eyes. Different types of cancer tend to spread to different parts of the body and melanoma occurs when melanocytes or pigment cells become malignant. Most pigment cells are in the skin so when melanoma starts in the skin, the disease is called cutaneous melanoma. Melanoma may also occur in the eye, ocular melanoma or intraocular melanoma. I hope that your sister will be ok.