Hello, folks. I have been suffering from my sinus problems for years. There is no medication that could help me. At the end, I decided to go to a surgery. I would like to know if this is a wise choice. What do you think? I have my sinus operation next week. Thanks for all your opinions.

Hi, there. Since your ENT specialist recommended you operation, I guess it is a wise choice. Operation for sinuses is indicated when the best possible medical treatment cannot help anymore. Approximately 10% of people with chronic sinusitis require this. The procedure is called functional endoscopic sinus surgery. It lasts for 2 to 3 hours. Surgeons with more experience prefer doing it under local anesthesia. However, it can be done with general anesthesia as well. I hope everything will be all right. Please, let me know how it was. Bye!