Hello, folks. My uncle was administrated to the hospital last week. He survived a severe stroke. It seems that he has dehydration as well. I would like to know whether this is often for dehydration to follow stroke. What do you know about this? I would gladly hear out your opinion.

Hi, there. You asked an interesting question. As far as I know, this is still under clinical studies. However, it is the real question which of these two follows another one. Dehydration can be first. It is an excellent terrain for deep vein thrombosis. And thrombi can be dislocated and end up in the brain. And there is a stroke. However, there are more competent people who will know much more about this than I do. I hope I’ve helped.

My 87-year old father had a minor brain stroke this weekend. I have battled with him for 3 years over his hydration habits. He seems to be always dry and makes throat-clearing noises all the time. He blames his aversion to drinking on his urination patterns being shallow and frequent and annoying. He decides not to drink to not pee. The hospital gave him Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, and Blood Thinners and told him not to drink caffeine. I think its clear that his lack of hydration raised his chances of clogging his blood vessels. Its a stupid situation that is probably very common, especially the way that thirst is a nebulous signal that can be easily ignored.