Hello, I am a 16 year old male that's uncircumcised. Me and my partner have been together for a long time and we're looking forward to having sex, although what I'm concerned about is my penis. Basically, when I retract my foreskin it doesn't actually retract all the way, it stops near the end of the head. It isn't phimosis because phimosis doesn't allow you to pull your foreskin back at all, but I can when flaccid, fully (100%) but only like 75% when erect. So, after doing research I have found out that I might have something called a frenulum breve. I would rather not have an operation because my parents would most likely need to know, and it's kind of an embarassing thing to talk to them about haha. Although I saw how some people do the stretching method. Can someone help me out and possibly give me some advice on how to loosen up the frenulum so that I can get rid of the frenulum breve and not have my frenulum snapped during sex. Thanks!

P.S: I'm pretty sure this is frenulum breve, although if it isn't then let me know.

Can you tell if it is your frenulum that's preventing it from going back? I don't think you can stretch that although some have said they did. Mine wouldn't stretch at all. The operation is a very simple one where they make several cuts across it to allow it to lengthen. Mine did it itself by ripping when I was having sex, several times. Eventually it was gone and now I I can pull my foreskin all the way down to where the tip is at the base. It is really nice to be able to do that with no pain at all. It is definitely worth having it done but you may want to wait until you are old enough so you don't have to deal with your parents.

If I were to have the operation, would I need a parents consent? Or can I do it privately without my parents knowing? Secondly, did your frenulum stretch by itself after ripping a few times or did you have the operation? I didn't understand that clearly, apologies haha :P thanks for the fast reply btw!