I had an accident last Saturday, like two days ago.. the right side of my face suffered trauma.. it slammed on the driver's seat.. coz I was seating behind the the driver when the accident occurred.. after all the medical exams and x ray the doctor discharge me for he said everything is fine.. but the next day I have the feeling of numbness on the right side of my face from under the eye , on the cheeks on through the upper right side of my lips as well as my teeth.. i feel some itchiness as well.. and redness appear inside my eyes.. do I need to see a doctor again or an eye specialist as well.. thanks in advance for your quick response... :)

Hi Casz,

As you said, your face suffered trauma.  What you are experiencing are common symptoms.

The nerves for the face are well protected but can suffer from trauma.  It is unlikely they are seriously damaged.  More likely any swelling of tissues, the redness and itchiness you see/feel, are causing this.

If you notice any trouble with your vision then see an eye doctor (an opthamologist) immediately.  Redness or blood shot eyes can be due to the injuries you sustained.

Give yourself a few days to recover.  When dealing with trauma if is often a few days AFTER the injury that things feel worse.  

thanks medic dan.. at least now i won't be worried..