My sister has exam today...she is pregnant, the last trimester. I was very worried when she said that her doctor suspect on peripartum cardiomyopathy. It is some kind of heart condition. Tomorrow morning they are going to d some tests. Is peripartum cardiomyopathy dangerous? I need information about it. Anyone please!!

The peripartum cardiomyopathy is a cardiomyopathy that affects only women and occurs in the last trimester of pregnancy or within six months of delivery. I haven’t such experience but I read about it. It seems that our bodies have ability to recognize foreign tissue and when t does it manufactures antibodies, which are proteins that attack and destroy the invaders. So, the uterus, like the heart, is made up of many muscles and sometimes in the latter weeks of pregnancy, proteins from the uterine muscle leak into the mother's bloodstream. Some women manufacture antibodies against these uterine muscle proteins, which are similar to the proteins that make the heart contract. I understood that is very rare condition.