I am pregnant, in seventh month already, and I have heard fact that worries me. One friend of mine had experienced postpartum cardiomyopathy. She had it while she was in eighth month, which I found scary. Can you tell me more about this problem with postpartum cardiomyopathy and how it could be treated if happen? She had cardiac transplantation, so I want to know if that is the only solution.

Postpartum or peripartum cardiomyopathy is defined as the presentation of systolic dysfunction and clinical heart failure. Usually it happens during the last trimester of pregnancy or within 6 months of delivery. Postpartum cardiomyopathy most likely will be classified within the dilated category, but occasionally will be unclassified. This is because dilatation and remodeling have not had time to occur. Postpartum cardiomyopathy is likely a heterogeneous group of disorders. It is including hypertensive heart disease, familial or idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy, and myocarditis. Approximately half of subjects who develop postpartum cardiomyopathy will recover completely, and the majority of the rest will improve with time. Subjects who have developed a postpartum cardiomyopathy should never become pregnant again. This must be considered even if myocardial function has recovered fully. Treatment should be aggressive and cardiac transplantation may be required in severely compromised patients who do not improve.

I have had a postpartum cardiomyopathy in 2006. I had given birth 2 weeks to the day before I felt the pain in my chest. There are different solutions to it including several prescription drugs, and you can still breast feed if you let your doctor know that's what you want to do.
It is not known what causes the issue or why you can get better. You should check out the different studies that have been done world wide.
And I heard in the beginning not to have more children, yet all the studies are done on women who have had the condition and then have gotten pregnant again, not all women have an issue after healing. Some women do that's why if you have had this condition you should consult with a doctor that knows this condition. BTW I have healed 100% but will still go to see a cardiologist before I ever get pregnant and during pregnancy inorder to ensure that there will not be further issues.
I hope this helps you.