I have a really huge issue and I really don't know what to do. Somehow, it is my fault, I am aware of it. I drink alcohol, even if my doctor told me that I should quit since I was diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy a couple of months ago. So, I was drinking then and I am drinking now - sure, less than before, but I can't help it. And whenever I drink alcohol, I feel this abnormal chest pain. It is sharp, it lasts for 3-5 minutes and then it goes away. But it returns every time I drink alcohol. Why? What to do? 

Good day.

Chest pain after drinking alcohol is something that happens very often, no matter do you have some cardio issues or no. It is just how alcohol can affect you. Anyway, if you already have some heart and cardio issues, you should avoid alcohol. It is increasing your blood pressure and it makes you feel really bad. Since it increases your blood pressure, you are more likely to have a heart attack than any healthy person, which is obviously. Also, drinking and alcohol generally weaken the heart muscle, and that generally means the heart can’t pump blood as efficiently. So, avoid alcohol. I think that you don't need it in your life. 

Hello there. As you probably already know, an issue with a dilated cardiomyopathy damages the muscle tissue. This all makes up the heart's pumping chambers. Now, we are coming to the alcohol issue. Alcohol is not good for anyone especially with those who have a heart issue because the heart can be weakened by alcohol's toxic and this all affect the muscle cells. Sure, depending on the history of your heart issues, problems can be numerous, but I would strongly recommend you not to drink alcohol if you have those issues. It can turn into something worse and than, there is no way back. 

hello, well since we are talking about this, I really would like to share my experience. I never had some health issues, except some days when I notice that my heart is beating faster than usual. I went to see my cardiologist and he told me that I have arrhythmia issues, but that this is nothing dangerous. according to several statistics, a lot of people have it. I never lived that healthy life like others do, but also I am not a fast food addicted, alcohol addicted, etc. one night, we were celebrating my bf birthday and I was drinking alcohol. a lot of alcohol. my heart started to beat so fast that I was not able to breathe. there are no words to describe you how scared I was. since that day, no more alcohol for me. I saw that it doesn't fit me and also, I don't need to drink it. mineral water is just fine.

Celebrity

Good day,

my good friend had this same issue. She was extremely worried about this, but when she was diagnosed with this disease she was drinking alcohol without having any symptom. Now, three months after she was diagnosed, she noticed that she is bothering alcohol. She also feels that chest pain. My question is - how she never felt this pain before, why is she feeling it now? Is it because of the alcohol or maybe there is some other reason for this problem? I am aware that people who have heart issues should avoid alcohol, but... Anything that we need to know more about this? 

Generally, when you have this problem, when you have a weak heart muscle, you really should avoid everything that can affect your heart. I think that alcohol is one of the biggest troublemakers.
So, I think that alcohol can do good things to no one and in order to follow that, you should avoid it. I don't drink alcohol and I am not saying that I am perfectly healthy, but I am pretty much in good shape and health condition. And yes, when it comes to your friend, she doesn't necessarily have to have reactions immediately. It can happen a couple of days after...

Hello there. Let me tell you my story. You should always avoid alcohol as soon as you are diagnosed with some issue, some health problems. I was a heavy drinker and trust me, you have no idea what alcohol actually did for me. Since that day, when I stopped drinking because I had to stop with it, I have noticed that I have all the possible pain in my head, chest, stomach, etc. I think that everything was affected by the fact that I was drinking a lot of alcohol. Also, if you have something such as dilated cardiomyopathy, you should quit alcohol as soon as possible. You should never drink it at the first place when you have a diagnose like this one.

I totally agree on this one. You know that you are putting your life and your health at risk when you are doing something like this. That is reckless if you ask me because no one should ever do it. When you are diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy, you should be careful because I believe that you already do know that this is a condition in which the heart's ability to pump blood is decreased because of the heart's main pumping chamber is enlarged. And, when it is enlarged, it is weakened as well. And alcohol is weakened it again. So, why you want to put yourself at a risk? 

My brother-in-law had a similar problem with it. One of the doctors told him that he has this dilated cardiomyopathy, but they told him that this is nothing serious, as long as he continues to live healthily. Anyway, he was drinking alcohol, not that often, but he was drinking at the 10-day basis. That should not be dangerous at all, but then he started to feel this pain in the chest and he went to see another doctor. He told him that he has a so-called alcoholic cardiomyopathy is a type of dilated cardiomyopathy. It actually means that due to the direct toxic effects of alcohol on heart muscle, the heart is unable to pump blood properly. This all leads to heart failure.