Good day everyone. My friend has a lot of problems in his life lately. His wife abandoned him and she took their kids as well. Also, she took the house where they were living together so now he is at his parents house. When all this happened, he got sick. He is having cardiomyopathy and this is a weak heart muscle in case if you didn't know. I think that this could cause it but I am not sure. So I really want to know what are the  most common causes of cardiomyopathy (weak heart muscle)? Is it stress or something else? 

Good day there Aurora. Here is what I do know about this. First, I believe that he has this since the day that he was born, but that this now happens to be there because of his stressful life.
Cardiomyopathy can be acquired or inherited. “Acquired” means you aren’t born with the disease, but you develop it due to another disease, condition, or factor. On the other hand, inherited means your parents passed the gene for the disease on to you. Researchers continue to look for the genetic links to cardiomyopathy and to explore how these links cause or contribute to the various types of the disease. But sometimes, or in most of the cases, cause of cardiomyopathy isn’t known. This often is the case when the disease occurs in children.

Hello everyone. I agree that cause is very hard to determine. My friend is dealing with dilated cardoomyopathy and I don't remember that he found the cause of it yet. But also, you haven't told us a lot about this issue. To see and to try to determine the cause, we need to know what type of cardiomyopathy is this all situation about. According to the type of it, the doctor can set the proper treatment. In any other way, we can just talk about it and guess what is the best and what are the causes of it. Have a nice day.

Hi there. I am having dilated cardiomyopathy and that means that the heart is enlarged. Now, although in many cases no cause is apparent and it will never be known, it looks like that dilated cardiomyopathy is probably the result of damage to the myocardiumproduced by a variety of toxic, metabolic, or infectious agents. Those are my doctors word. It may be due to fibrous change of the myocardium from a previous myocardial infarction. It may also be the late sequelae of acute viral myocarditis, such as with Coxsackie B virus and other enteroviruses. So whatever type it is, it is very hard to determine it.