what is cdf? the term used in nursing homes when the resident is placed in isolation because of cdf, the infection in the feces?

cdf is most likely c-diff.. it's an infection in your intestines that can be spread in hospitals, nursing homes, anywhere really if you're not using proper sanitation. I've actually had c-diff a few times.. and it's a horrible infection. The symptoms are usually abdominal pain and excessive diarreah. In more severe cases, one will see mucous or blood in their stools. If you have any more questions on this matter.. just post it and I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge. I've been suffering with this disease for a year now, so I feel like an expert on this issue. :-) I hope I was helpful.

Roxanne wrote:

cdf is most likely c-diff.. it's an infection in your intestines that can be spread in hospitals, nursing homes, anywhere really if you're not using proper sanitation. I've actually had c-diff a few times.. and it's a horrible infection. The symptoms are usually abdominal pain and excessive diarreah. In more severe cases, one will see mucous or blood in their stools. If you have any more questions on this matter.. just post it and I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge. I've been suffering with this disease for a year now, so I feel like an expert on this issue. :) I hope I was helpful.

hey my name is ginger guy and i have tree kids and i have this disease and i got a fever of 102.1 and cramping and dierh will i give it to my kids or do i need to go to the hospital plzzz write me back

My mom is in the hospital now she has that and the doctors say she might die can that happen. Please help me know and understand how I can help..

I had cdff twice got feeling better for a few days then it put me right in the hospital diarerea,Vomitting and could not eat or drink any thing for around 2weeks 

2 weeks later I did not get the right antibiotic so  cdff again in less than a month I lost 30 lbs. I am told I can get it again and if I do I will die.Question - Why is it able to be life threating?

How lone does diarrhea lasts?

What helped you?

I know that I am very late responding but as long as you wash your hands throughly and clean the toilet behind yourself they will be fine just no hugging and kissing

I'm a caregiver-and I have an opportunity to take care of a C-diff patient. But I also work for a Assistant Living facility. I don't want to carry this C-Diff to my Assistant Living Residents. Should it be best if I DONT TAKE this C-Diff patient job, as PRN?