I know that cerebrum is Latin expression for the brain. I also know that is the newest evolutionarily and largest part of the brain as a whole. It is here that things like perception, imagination, thought, judgment, and decision occur. That is why I found out it interesting, so I would like to hear more about it. Can you tell me more about cerebrum, because I really need to know?

First thing, you need to know that the surface of the cerebrum is called the cerebral cortex. That is composed of six thin layers of neurons, which sit on top of a large collection of white matter pathways of cerebrum. The cortex is heavily convoluted, so that if you were to spread it out, it would actually take up about 2.5 square feet. There are included about 10 billion neurons, with about 50 trillion synapses, which is a huge number, as you can see. The convolutions have ridges, which are called gyri or in singular gyrus, and valleys, which are called sulci or singular is sulcus. Some of the sulci are quite pronounced and long, and serve as convenient boundaries between four areas of the cerebrum called cerebrall lobes. Lobes of cerebrum are responsible for voluntary movement and planning, and are thought to be the most significant for personality and intelligence. Right hemisphere of cerebrum control left hand and left hemisphere of cerebrum control right hand. There are many interesting fact about cerebrum, and you need many books to hear more about it.