I AM A 54 YO FEMALE. I HAVE EXCESS MUCOUS IN THE MORNING. I DO THE USUAL "SNORTING" AND BRING UP GREEN THICK MUCOUS WHICH IS SOMETIMES STICKY. AS THE DAY GOES ON, IT BECOMES WHITE OR CLEAR. I DO NOT HAVE ANY PAIN ANYWHERE. I FEEL GREAT.

I DO NOT HAVE A DISCHARGE FROM MY SINUS. I CAN BREATH FINE. I DO NOT HAVE A COUGH. I HAVE BEEN SEEN BY AN ENT AND ALL IS CLEAR. I WAS TESTED FOR AIRBORNE ALLERGIES WITH BLOOD WORK AND ALL IS NEGATIVE. I HAVE ALWAYS DRANK ALOT OF MILK.

I HAVE AN AUNT AND A COUSIN ON MY MATERNAL SIDE WHO DOES THE SAME THING. THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN CHECKED OUT BY A DOCTOR FOR THIS. WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS? I HAVE NEVER SMOKED, BUT GREW UP AROUND IT.

Hi there,

People usually think if they start to cough up green mucus that something is wrong with them but it is quite the opposite. If you are coughing up clear mucus that means that you are sick. To clarify this that means that your body is fighting an infection caused by a bacteria or virus.

Coughing up yellow mucus means that your body is still fighting and, finally, if you are coughing up green mucus that means that you are going to get well pretty soon.

You can help to your body by drinking a lot of hot fluids such as chicken soup or green lime tea and juice is fine too because it contains vitamin C.

I hope this was helpful.