My mother is 67 years old and she has been having heart problems for more than a decade now. Latest in her medical history is atrial flatter, and this is something I do not know much about. How dangerous is it? What are the chances of blood clot formation when suffering from Atrial flutter? How careful she should be?

Well the main thing is – atrial flatter as many other heart conditions (including the one she already has) increase the risk of heart stroke. That is the true danger here. I assume that she is already receiving the therapy for her heart problems and I guess she will have to receive some new meds, or perhaps her previous therapy will be changed in order to deal better with her issues (most probably that first condition caused the flatter, so treating that will deal with flatter too).