Hey. Lately I’ve been reading a lot of medical magazines.

I have never been one of those people obsessed with my health and I used to find people who live a healthy life a bit boring.

I remember I could never understand my sister who is perfectly healthy and comes home with a full bag of all sorts of vitamins, calcium supplements and other stuff. It seemed stupid to me. But now when we are older I can easily spot the difference between her health and mine.

Anyway, since I started taking better care of my health it would mean a world to me if someone could tell me how to prevent Atrial Fibrillation. I am particularly interested to hear about the best diet for this prevention.

Hey there.

The first and the only step in atrial fibrillation prevention is to eat heart healthy diet. This can help you to prevent all types of heart diseases, heart attacks, strokes and so many atrial fibrillation risk factors such is very high blood pressure and high cholesterol that many people are dealing with.

Here are some advice:

• Don’t eat a lot of salt – it is not healthy,
  • It is recommended to eat more fish,
  • Limit daily intake of meat and dairy products,
  • Fill your day with fruits and vegetables.
  • Try to healthy – cook every day or at least as much as you can.

Good luck.

hello there. yes, food sometimes can be a perfect atrial fibrillation treatment or prevention. so, in order to be healthy, you should follow some advice when it comes to food. For example, the worse problem for me was to cut out the salt. it was hard and I don't know how I was able to do that, but when it comes to health, you will do everything. I was putting a salt almost everywhere, now I just put some salt in my soup. and when I am eating onions. also, fish is always a good idea. it is healthy and can prevent some hearth issues. as a huge meat lover, I am telling you that you should stop taking so many meat (if you do) because it can also harm you. 

Hello there you two.

Yes, atrial fibrillation can definitely be prevented with good diet program. Following a heart healthy diet that is very low in saturated fat, trans fat and cholesterol is the best option. A healthy diet program includes a variety of whole grains, vegetables and fruits that you are going to take on the daily basis.

Also, when someone is overweight, he or she should try to lose weight because this is just one more way to prevent atrial fibrillation.

Basically, you need to know what to eat and what to avoid – avoid coffee, tea, coals and other caffeinated beverages.  

I think that you should also know which groceries and what food you need to avoid when you want to prevent Atrial Fibrillation. You need to avoid unhealthy fats, such as saturated fat that you can find in butter, cheese. Also you need to avoid trans fats that you can find in the margarine. Avoid cholesterol - you can find it in fatty meats and dairy. Use salt as little as you can. You should reduce caffeine intake as well, and I don’t want to mention alcohol. Definitely by avoiding or limiting certain food you can reduce the risk of getting an atrial fibrillation.

I definitely agree with the advice to limit meat and dairy. 

I read an article about this somewhere. I remember it well even though it was long time ago.

It was said there that saturated fats that can be found in animal-based foods such as cheese for example or butter aren’t good at all for heart health. The same goes for  whole milk, ice cream, and fatty meats. They just aren’t good for your heart especially if you have heart problems.

These are exactly the types of fats that will lead you directly to heart disease and stroke. So my suggestion is go for no-fat dairy and lean meats.

Hey everyone. This is the best diet that I have ever tried. It is amazing for a couple of things – for prevention of atrial fibrillation, for body and or your health generally. I saw a few months ago that dairy products are not so good for me. So I did everything to find the best diet for me. When I did some research I saw that diet program that is good for me is exactly diet program that is recommended for prevention of AF. So, I am avoiding salt, I am eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and I don’t eat a lot of meat and trust me, I did eat it a lot before. It is not hard, this diet program is now my lifestyle.

Hello guys. Long time no see :)

Well my advice is to start to eat healthy, no matter what. The first step of this is a healthy diet for your heart and it starts with your food intake, of course. For example, if you find that your diet has a lot of salt, start by cutting back on salt each day in your every meal. If you eat too much meat, than cut out a meat as well and don’t eat it every day. Once you learn all rules about this diet program you are going to love it :)

Have a nice day!

Hey everybody,

I agree that eating healthy food is the best thing that you can do for yourself, especially if you start eating healthy food while you are still young, it will save you the trouble you might have when you get older.

You can find doctors and online articles telling you the same thing as it is written here: the best diet would mean that you cut back on salt, eat more fish (fish is extremely healthy), eat less of any other meat, you should consume less than 300 milligrams of cholesterol a day and eat as many fruits and vegetables as you can.

Hey guys,

I'm a sportsman since I was a kid so basically, I've been living a healthy life since I was 5.

We actually had some sort of a lesson in my club a few days ago about Atrial Fibrillation and about eating properly so that we could avoid it. Our coach told us a lot of things that you guys already mentioned, about eating a lot of fish, avoiding salt and eating fruits and vegetables. He told us not to eat too much, and not to drink too much. Sportsmen drink, too. And because caffeine is actually very similar to alcohol, you should try to avoid it, too.

Hi Health n Joy,

I think that the others already gave you a lot of useful information about how to prevent atrial fibrillation and how to live your life in a healthy way. 

I can only repeat what they have already told you, avoid fast food, the best thing would be if you cooked for yourself, it's the first step. Try to avoid salty food, eat fish regularly, once or twice a week. You should try eating fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. Smoking and drinking are out of the question, regular exercising is very important for you and your heart to stay in shape.