:cry: Hi i am a 28 year olf female, I am currently on meds for anxiety/panic disorder Zolof And Klonopin. I have had various EKG and chest X-rays and all comes out normal. Do these test actually detect if you have any problem with your heart? For the past couple of months I have had either flutter in my chest or in my throat. The most common one is felt on the throat, this scares me to death, i go running to take a pill for panic because it totally makes me loose all control. My Doctor said it was Anxiety but I keep feeling this beside the fact that i am under treatment for more than 3 months now. I also have another problem occuring latley. I feel like something is stuck in my throatand i can't take a good deep breath, sometime try to fall asleep and wake up gassping for air and when i feel my heart beat at my neck it is really slow or has an unusuall rythum then it will most comonly be accompanied by this flutter.Then i start feeling a full sensation on my head like congestion and also a cold feeling around my chest hands and stomachi also get this dry cough and sometime nausea. Maybe i feel that afterwards becuase i am scared but it is a terrible feeling. Please Help!! Oh andlast thing I always feel my heart beat in my ears is this comon. You probably think I am going crazy but this is all true. Has this happened to any one please help. My doctors have not diagnose anything and i am afraid they are overlooking something. Please help.

:-) hi just wanted to let you know i have had similer problems and i can tell you it is most likely anxiety. ive had it for years. i dont take meds for it. im more scared of them than the anxiety. i just figure i would rather try to deal with it on my own. but your not alone. i know exactly how you feel. hope i helped. good luck

i'm having the same problem but i dont have panic attacks or anxiety. i went looking for an ear problem and found this

"What you've described could be a couple of things....
First, it may simply be wax in your ear that needs to be taken out. If it is wax, your physician or an audiologist can remove it for you. Please do not use Q-tips, ever. This will only push any wax you do have further into your ear canal.
Another possible is eustachian tube dysfunction. Your eustachian tube runs from the midde ear space (behind the ear drum) down to the back of the throat. This tube opens and closes as need to keep the air pressure on both sides of the eardrum the same. Sometimes the membrane lining of the tube becomes inflammed and can not open on its own. This usually results in a feeling of pressure, like when you go up in an airplane. When you yawn or hold your nose and blow out you are manually popping this tube open. When this tube is stuck shut, a lot of people will describe the sensation you are experiencing. Eustachian tube dysfunction is common in people who suffer from allergies or at the beginning or ending of a cold.
You might find that it goes aways as fast it came. If it continues to bother you, you might want to go see your primary care physician. You may just need to have your ear cleaned out.
Good luck to you, I hope you find some relief from it soon.
Dr. Newman"

hope that helps

Let me tell you... I have spent the last six months dealing with anxiety... it scared the hell out of me I had two physicals, then went to two different cardiologists, and I still thought something was wrong. One of my doctors put me on Lexapro and now I feell 100 percent better - before it was so bad that I just stayed in bed all day taking Lorzapan and hoping it would go away. Now I am way active but it is a constant struggle. You have to do the work - the meds won't do it all. Maybe Zoloft isn't the best drug for you - ask your doc about lexapro.

Also to the person that is scared of meds... I was too I tried so hard not to take them but you know once you allow yourself not to be scared of them they will work and you will be better - it is not healthy to put your body through all that anxiety. And you don't have to be on the pills forever....

Take it from soemone who went through helll dealing with this...

Hey.. I'm 23 years old and I have had the same problems since I was 17. I used to take Paxil, but it made me angry and more depressed so I was taken off of it. The doctors have given me more antidepressants to take, but I am too afraid to take them because of my reactions in the past. I'm sure what you are experiencing is apart of your anxiety disorder because I have the exact same issues. I will sit up gasping for air right when I am falling into a sleep because my heart feels like its going to stop and I can't breath. My heart will also just flutter or feel like it "skips a beat" for no reason. Its scary, but I just talk myself through panic attacks when I get them. Hope everything works out for you. You are not alone!

i stumbled upon this page and I also can relate as I have been suffering anxiety and weird feelings for 3 years since the birth of my 2nd child I do not take any medication as I am trying to battle it out on my own. Lately I have experienced some new symtoms - my left cheek has a deadening sensation and i am having alot of shooting pains through my body. Had terrible throat flutters today very frighteneing I am still convinced that ther is something that the doctors are not finding but I have had all the tests. I am 30 years old with 2 children but I cant seem to get on and enjoy life like I used to as I feel so aweful all of the time I feel very alone with this problem I have had it for 3 years and wonder when it is going to go away. Let me know if you can relate. Thanks

I've had anxiety for about 2 years. Of which some of that 2 years I have felt normal and at other times that something is really wrong with me. Right before Christmas I had heart flutters and throat flutters that scares me to death.

Latley, I'm thinking I have some terrible disease or cancer with these flutters. All my anxiety symptons have come back now. Can't sleep, nervous, can't eat, feel weak, hot and cold. I took a Xanx the other night. I was on Lexapro and then the doctor took me off since she felt I was doing well.

Does anyone just feel like they want to cry - i'm so scared of death - i don't want to die. Is it anxiety or something else?

I have had this weird chest flutter for 2 years now. It only seems to happen at night. Just when I am about to go to sleep, this flutter wakes me up and my heart feels like it is beating faster and I am breathing faster. 2 years ago these reactions got really worse and were also associated with hand numbness, severe dizziness and nausea. I still do not know what is causing this, but I was symptom free within days once I went on a food elimination diet. I was on this diet for about 5 months and I had no more flutters. Once I started eating regular foods, the flutters came back. This seems to indicate that there is some sort of allergy that is causing this. Something to consider.

It is truly amazing how we all can relate. I have not been diagnosed because I hate going to the doctors, but I deal with anxiety every single day. It is a gradual process. I know it will get better. I dealt with depression for many years and thought that I would be like that the rest of my life. I still get depressed occasionally but not everyday. It comes in bouts. It comes in waves, maybe for a couple minutes each day, or for days in a row. Anxiety/depression will play with the human mind. I have felt and was feeling those very symptoms all listed above. That is how I came across this page, I was looking up symptoms. I get many heart flutters and thobs in my eardrums. I often feel fatigued and light headed. Just yesterday I felt like my heart was going to stop beating suddenly and I was going to faint and die in my class. I feel anxious alot. All I can say is that so many of us deal with this everyday. It is assuring that I am not alone. I worry why we are all like this though. Is this some American thing? Or has our generation just stressed ourselves out beyond our own good? I have to learn to relax. I go to yoga, but often get anxiety there when my mind runs wild. I look forward to the day my mind is at peace. That is the only thing that keeps me going each day.

Ive had the same kind of things happen to me too, but Ive noticed more since the new things is the heart flutters, my dr did a halter monitor he said there was nothing wrong with my heart, it was just anxiety. I take xanax.

Like everyone else said, it sounds like symptoms of anxiety. I get very similar symptoms to the ones you described when I'm anxious/panicky.

I can't beleive it! I've never heard of anyone who gets the throat/heart/ear flutters! I really thought I was the only one! I have OCD/Panic Disorder but mine manifests itself a little differently than the typical cases. I only get OCD and panic over these weird symptoms. If I get an ear flutter (it happened all day today) I go into a full panic attack because it scares me and I have an irrational fear that it will never go away. I've battled these strange thoughts since I was a very small child.(I'm almost 30 now). I now take Zoloft and Clonapin (as needed). I just went to the doctor today b.c I was hearing/feeling fluttering in my left ear all day. I have just gotten over a cold with post nasal drip. The doctor said it's probably the eustachian tube in my inner ear is inflamed due to the cold or allergies. She prescribed nasal spray and Claritan. We'll see if it works. PLease, if anyone ever wants to talk, email me: _[removed]_
Amanda

Hi, I too have been experience the same symptons. Flutters in my Chest and throat, dizziness, nausea, shaking, and every now and then the feeling will become more sharp and shoot right up my throat, though this generally only lasts a few seconds, I completely freak out about it, thinking my hearts about to stop.
My mum actually suffered a het attack, and so obviously it concerns me greatly.
The first time I had the problem, only about 3 months ago, I drove myself into the hospital, where they gave me an EKG and blood tests, and then sent me home and told me I had reflux. (which was definately not the case). I spent the next two days in bed not being able to walk to the bathroom without almost passing out.
I have had it two times since, and I actually thought it may have been connected to the smoke in the air, where I am in Aus, we have had some bush fires, and more recently the farmers have been burning off. All three times I suffered the flutters was when the air was smoky, but I dunno, maybe its just a coincidence?
I have never suffered from anxiety, and the only time I feel anxious is when I get the pain, so I'm really not sure if it is anxiety.
Has anyone else with similar symptoms been successfully diagnosed with anything else? Would be very interested to hear about it.

I've just recently started having those types of symptoms. My chest will tighten it feels like my heart is the one tightening then the weird heart beats start. At first i was getting real bad cold sweats and feeling like i had to throw up or go dump. The back of my throat will feel closed up making it hard to breathe, making me extremely uncomfortable. the only time i feel really good is in the morning for about the first two hours after i wake up. Then it starts again, this just barely started for me, I'm 22 this started on Sunday it is now Friday i thought it might just go away eventually but so far it hasn't. I'm getting a little used to it but i sure wouldnt like to live with this forever. I havent been to a doctor yet im in the military and we have to see our doctors before we can see a civilian doctor and I trust our doctors about as far as i can throw them. The most likely case is they'll tell me to take some motrin and I'll be alright. The bright side to all of this is so far this has got me to stop drinking and smoking and i plan on keeping it that way. It scares the hell out of me

I have experienced most everything described here. I also have gone into atrial fibrillation though. My anxiety, heart flutters, etc. are ALL caused by drinking alcohol. I am an alcoholic and after binges, everything is horrible. So, my advice for anyone concerned about some of these issues being discussed, make sure to stay away from alcohol.