As I start to eat I get the feeling best described as a bubble high in my chest. I feel like I need to burp and then I vomit phlegm only.
I keep spitting up phlegm - little by little for several hours. Upsetting to do. I have seen my internal medicine doctor, my ENT and nothing has helped. Please stop the feeling of a bubble in my chest and the vomiting. :'(

I wonder if this isn't a form of acid reflux. Feeling a bubbling in the stomach or chest and needing to burp is a symptom of acid reflux. The phlegm could also be caused by excess mucus production by the body to help protest the linings of the gastrointestinal system. The acid can be very harsh on the linings of the esophagus, throat and vocal cords, so the body often produces extra mucus to help protect them.

I suggest you buy the e-book "Reflux Gone Forever." Look it up online. It's a little on the expensive side, but it has great information for getting rid of acid reflux. I suggest you read it, try the tips in there, and see if your symptoms decrease or go away.

Thanks for the reply but I should have stated that my doctors tried everything for acid reflux and it didn't work.
I read once about a steriod that can help. I forgot the name of it. Do you have any idea what it could be called or any other suggestions. Thank you.

I have the same symptoms, doesn't happen with every meal, but it is painful and after having a GI done, they still can't tell me anything. Did you get any answers on the condition???

I have the same thing. Immediately after eating I feel heavy mucus in my throat and I bring up a large mucus bubble. There is no pain just much distress and as I am older my bladder leaks heavily with the wretching. I was on meds for years for acid reflux and it did not help, just gained a lot of weight! Does anyone have any suggestions?

VSL 3 is a probiotic , over the counter, that has to be refrigerated and purchased from pharmacy. Take one in mornig and one at night. Can be pur hased at Costco pharmacy, every where else seems to charge more. Only thing that helped my husband after years of taking other things. which caused weight gain etc. Also , just Pepcid before eating a "bad" meal...stay away from alcohol too.