I am a 16 year old girl that when I eat I can feel the food going down my throat and to my lower/mid chest. It is very painful, and feels clogged. Is this a symptom of Gerd or an esphagus disorder or what? My chest hurts throughout the day too.

I have the same symptoms.. I just happened to be online this evening tryin to find something.. Did you ever get any answers?

I am 19years old, I have the same problem for about a week now, and the weird part is it just started happening all of a sudden. I went to my doctor and she told me it was due to inflammation in my throat. but i just finished the medication she gave me and it still hasn't gotten better :-(
If anyone nows what this could be, please let me now

i have the same! it started two days ago and it is pretty severe. i thought it couldn't be GERD or acid reflux cause of how painful it is, but is this how those actually feel?

I am having the same problem, the doctor's I have seen all say its acid reflux even though the pain is DURING eating and drinking not AFTER. I think it is due to inflammation or infection of the esophagus. I just had a open rhinoplasty and I am positive there was trauma during intubation (airway tube) or gastric lavage. I have had a chest xray too. Keep getting sent home with Mylanta. BOO! I guess I will have a 3rd opinion and get an endoscopy even though that sounds very painful.

I read this post "http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/658731" and thought the patient had some insightful solution about her chest pain. Lysine supplement and yogurt could be a possible solution. Let me know how if it works for you.

I am having the same problem but isn't there any cure/medication available?? What happened to all the people who posted here? Are you all alright?What treatment have you received? PLEASE reply cuz I am really anxious.

It all sounds like GERD. The pain gets referred up from the bottom, by the stomach. I can feel like food is getting stuck in your throat also.

Getting the tube down your throat is not painfull. They give you Versid, so that you don't remember it.

I have had the operation (wrapping the stomach around).

My son is at the hospital being checked today for this!

debi

I have this but it hurts while exercising. Making me breathe deeply (due to cold i presume) I was ill with hot/cold, headache soar throat sickness extreme coughing etc took some basic antibiotics and it all went apart from a little cold and soar throat. More recently not sure if it is linked into anything but still have my cold no coughing barely involved just a tad from day to day. But the pain hurts more during eating and exercising. Its like something is clogging up my chest. I went to the doctors and she just checked me for chest infection and she said I have nothing. Probably just linked into my cold :-( Anyone had any help at all?

After a month or two going to the doctor because I've been having the same issues we find that there is NOTHING wrong with me other than HeartBurn. HeartBurn can cause these symptoms easily. I was having terrible pains in my chest with a burning sensation. Bloating, irritable bowels, burning, and these huge upchucks of acid into my esophogas at times that would throw me out of my chair.

Guess what. I found the solution. Oh, yes and I'm 19 years old and have been lied to by doctors. Prescription drugs for acid reflux just make sh*t worse or don't work at all.

THE solution:
Apple Cider Vinegar.
Yes, it was as simple as that. Just drink a small amount of apple cider vinegar with some juice or just mixed with water and it a short time you'll feel MUCH better. I'm still healing up from being burned so bad I still have a little bit of pain in my center chest, but no random pains and no scary BOOMS when the acid comes up. I'll be healed in no time cause of the apple cider vinegar. Just take it after you eat with a little bit of juice or water and it will most likely clear up the symptoms you're having - Which I had too.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

i have not been to the doctor yet, but have been having the exact same pains that you mention in your original post, & in the one with the ACV. I'm going to the store now to go get some & hopefully it works. the symptoms are Terrible, adn i'm going on day 2 of being up all night, in pain, and uncomfortable as things (food or not) move up and down my espoghagus (spelling) and lord when i eat the pain, in my tummy, chest, and behind my breast are unbearable :-( thank you soo much & i will let you know if it works!

I have had GERD for over 20 years now. I was tested at a Kaiser facility and found to have no hiatal hernia but to have a spastic esophagus and low motility in the esophagus. This means that on occasion, my food will catch going down when the esophagus decides to go into spasm and it will hurt! The low motility means that my food will go down very slowly on occasion. I believe you all have described GERD for which I take Prevacid by prescription once a day. This past week, I have been suffering from extreme heart burn and finally determined it was caused by the onion I have been using on my sandwich every day. I have now disposed of the onion and will see what happens because right now, every time I swallow food, it causes pain in my esophagus. This means that acid has risen in my esophagus and burned it. If you are suffering recurrent heart burn, you need to see a doctor and get medication for it. There is Prevacid, Prilosec, the Purple Pill (can't think of its medical name) etc. There's lots of help out there for those of us who are suffering. I wish you all luck! You may have to lay off spicy foods for a while until your problem resolves.

I'm a 17 year old guy. I have the same symptoms. I went to the doctors and they told me I had an ulcer in my in my throat from not drinking enough water with antibiotics. It really sucks because I'm not able to eat anything and the pain has only gotten worse.

Bryan Russell wrote:

It sounds like you all need to get off the couch, stop playing your XBOX or PLAYSTATION and start exercising. 

Seriously,  when was the last time you guys worked out? 

Actually I used to work out everyday until I got this I'm on the wrestling team I have to be in shape. I Got it from taking antibiotics.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

Get over yourself Bryan. People are looking for help on this blog not rude input from you. I walk 3 miles every day and I randomly get the feeling of food stuck in my chest. It does not happen every time I eat and is very unpredictable. It is very scary and does not seem to have anything to do with type of meal eaten. It happens even with small bites of food sometimes.