I'm quite familiar with heartburn, but this is different! I am a male 65 years of age.
For the past two weeks, whenever I swallow almost anything including liquids, I get an immediate pain in my upper chest which sometimes radiates to my upper back.
I do not have any difficulty swallowing at all. The pain starts as soon as the food hit my upper stomach. I am not constipated.
Belching will relieve symptoms somewhat as will antacids, but I'm sure it's not simple gas or acid reflux as the symptoms are quite immediate and different.
The pain lasts for a variety of times, from a few minutes to an hour or so, sometimes longer.
I'll be seeing my doctor within a couple of weeks, but I would like to have a better idea as to what it could be to help with the diagnosis.
Frankie

gall bladder, no question

I have the same sort of pain have been to the doctor's and she has told me it is a blockage blood tests first.