Hi, for the last two weeks I’ve been having chest pain with cough and wheezing. I read something about reflux disease, and I recognized some of the symptoms. What do you think, could my chest pain be caused by acid from reflux disease or is it something else?

Hello, I had reflux disease not so long ago. It is a condition when esophagus becomes irritated by acid from a stomach. First, I had pain in my chest that spread to my neck. The pain sometimes lasted up to 2 hours, especially after eating. It is quite possible that your chest pain is caused by reflux, but you better go to doctor and have a physical exam. Beside heartburn, some other symptoms of reflux that I had are dry mouth, cough and hoarseness. I am using calcium channel blockers, and I’m on a strict diet. A doctor told me that reflux is caused by my life style. Cigarettes, alcohol and junky food are guilty for my chest pain.