What are the sypmtoms of acid reflux? I am having severe chest pains,tightness,and shortness of breathe. I am shaky and sometimes my heart feels like it's beating out of my chest. lots of phlegm but i think it's from the sinus infection i have and i just used an inhaler but i have been having lots of acid coming up lately and i'm getting worried tonight that the symptoms may mean something else

Hello, well it does sound like acid reflux. Usually the symptoms of acid reflux are heartburn, sensation of acid coming back to your mouth, burping, nausea after eating, stomach bloating, upper abdominal pain. Sometimes food can be causing this so you should consider changing your diet a bit. You should avoid foods like chocolate, citrus fruits, coffee, spicy and fatty foods, fried food, garlic and onions, tomatoes. Of course, i would recommend seeing a doctors if this diet does not lessen your symptoms. Its always the right thing to do. Hope this helps