I had a double bypass mitral and Tricuspeth valve repair in2008. Had a few blips over the years but generally ok. However I have constant pain across my chest, I am told it could be damage to nerves caused  by the chest being opened. Nothing makes it better or worse some days are better than others.

This has been the best answer i haved read that can be compare with my simptoms. Last year i had a triple bypass surgery, after the surgery i been having left chest side pain..i just found out that the DR. Did messed with an artey behind the breast in my left side..it feels like if i dont have skin there stinging pain...after surgery i been getting neck pain like if my neck is full of fluids and throbing pain.. my sternum dont hurt at all but i do feel the bone moving lkie if never closed. But i do feel tightness in my sternum muscles. Chest Hurts all the time and now it makes sense. That it could be nerve damage..my pee comes out and my bowels cant be controlled. I was told when i was on surgery the spine wasnt receiving enough blood supply. And that is why im getting all this nerves damages...as soon i wake up in recovery In ICU 1 hour after surgery my surgery lasted 9 1/2 hours...they sit me down on a chair my left foot started hurting. They said was foot neuropathyi didnt had that before surgery! Now im a mess im grateful im alive but im only 40 yrs old with diapers can barely walk any where and with my neck stiffed all the time...chest pain and suffering. At least i just notice im not the only one.....God bless you all