Hello, I recently just had two visits to the Emergency Room, the first visit I thought maybe I had a galbladder problem. Pain in mid chest, under breasts, just off to the left side, could acutally feel a small muscle buldging out at time of pain. Doctors never checked gal bladder since pain was radiating to left side. Told me I had inflammation of the cartlidge in my ribs, and the pain would travel, maybe even effected a nerve that runs across chest. Second visit to emergency room a week later, felt something like heart palpitations, or panic attack. Very nervous, light headed, rushes of heat. EKG proved abnormal heartbeat. Followed up with Echocardiogram to find my mitral & tricuspid valve have "mild regurgitation". Never actually saw cardiologist, although he apparently reviewed my test, family doctor said all was ok, no need for medication or surgery, and that was that. Now two weeks later I am now getting SHARP pains in chest, seems like it is coming from heart area, but also have pain in side, back, shoulder blades and AGAIN, right in that same muscle that took me to the emergency room the first time. I would like to beleive the doctors that my heart is not a serious problem, but am so afraid to blow if off in case there is something else going on that they could not see with a simple echocardiogram. But I also read that heart attack or blockage does not feel like a sharp pain, scared and dont know what to do?

have you had a stress test?

Guest wrote:

have you had a stress test?

You know im 23 and i have the exact same syptoms,i had a stress test and they found nothing.one day i was working and was swetting alot and had pain on my left side under my breast. i passed out and the doc said everything was ok i probaly had an axiety attack or heart burn.but it hurts every day to where its hard to breath and sleep.it has nothing to do with the food i eat.hope we can find answers.

I am having them right now, so I looked it up & found this. It feels almost like trapped gas - that would explain the traveling.
like when I had my laporoscopy, afterwards when the I was recovering - as the gas that they had blown into my abdomen tried to leave my body & it rose up into my chest. It was painful. Thats what this feels like, because at frist it was in the center of my chest, then moved over my left breast (& heart) and now is making its way to my left armpit.

BTW - my laporoscopy was 20 years ago. I am 50 now. I had a hysterectomy a year & a half ago, so now air or gas has been introduced into my body since then.

So my question is - "Is this trapped gas?"