Hi,I'm 17 years old/male. I have been recently(week or so) been having chest pain in both the rigt hand side and left hand side of my body, roughly around the breast areas. I've read that heart attack pains are mainly based in the centre of the chest,is this true?
I went to the doctors yesterday, for something else but brought up that I've had chest pains in both sides of the chest. He listened to my heartbeat in various locations and told me I should try cutting down smoking, and I struggle to see how it's from smoking as I smoke very little. Is there anything linked to variating pain in both sides of the chest? (mainly left by the way). The pains are like shooting pains which feel "tight" in the breast areas and are quite constantly on and off. I've also had twitches in both eyes and slight pain in my left leg lately as well....probably doesn't mean anything but may be worth mentioning.

Any help would be appreciated as this is really affecting my social/work life at the moment. I'm even starting to avoid situations through fear of having a heart attack in public, and also relying more on alcohol to get me through weekends "worry free".
Cheers people. :-D

Not one answer! :'(
I don't know what to do %-)

hi there, kepp nagging the docs please. i know exactly how you feel, i have had these pains for almost two years now. they keep saying the same to me about giving up smoking, and i only smoke two a day! i heard that someone else who had these pains turned out to be their lungs- so please keep nagging the docs, thats what i am doing. xx

hey,
I seem to have the same thing, though I'm a non smoker. Angina maybe? Or it could be a muscle strain, from too much rock climbing or something. Are the both of you very physically active? Mine is most agitated when I run, though I don't think it is a cardio-vascular thing because I am a much more vigorous cyclist and it does not bother me then.[/enc]

i have been getting this too and i am a nonsmoker and am not very active. any of you find out any explanations yet?

im aso experiencing these pains plus pain in my left arm has anyone got any ideas thanx

Hi, iv being having these pains too , im a young girl but havnt smoked in a while. i do a lot of sport and the pains dont come then , it comes when im sitting down. it could just be growing pains or something but i doubt it. :-D

i just turned 18 i SMOKE a lot, however it happens to me when i am relaxed and sitting down, yet recently its been happening a lot more lately even when i am smokeing and when i am walking around. i really wish i could find out what it is. i went to the docs and they couldnt find anything, so they told me that it was allergies and that i have mild asthma......without taking any tests....their idiots and need to figure it out cuz if its serious....IM TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!

Its probably a strain man, I get it when I lift too heavy. Both sides, like the edges sort of have sharp pains. I haven't gone to the doctor, but if I did I'm sure that's what he'd say. If they're not central pains (as mine aren't, mine are on the edges of my moobs) you probably have nothing to worry about, but I would still quit smoking.

I use to have the same problem and didn't tell anyone for many years then after I turned 29, I suddenly heart failure for no apparent reason.  I was dead for nine minutes before they got me up and running.  I now have an internal cardiac difibulator fitted (ICD) and have reached 35 (Woopy).  I suddenly felt ill for a month, but didn’t go to see doctor. 

If you are body building  then relax your body is just growing and rebuilding so stop and let it recover.

(1)    If you do have chest pains stop the smoking as that’s all I was doing too now and again.

(2)    Don’t smoke weed as I’ve found out it makes your heart work harder, so if you are don’t  it as that may kill.

(3)    Make sure you see your doctor and push for as many test to be done as possible and don’t give up.

(4)    However seeing a doctor doesn’t mean they will pickup on it straight away.

(5)    You could be suffering from arrhythmia but don’t know it yet.

(6)    You could have blocked valve and don’t know it yet.

(7)    You could have a fungal infection on the heart but don’t know yet.

(8)    Your chest bone may be inverted so it can become painful at times

(9)    You may have an hereditary disease that you don’t know about.

(10)Its endless possibilities as I’ve found out but what I do know is that, if you don’t make the effort to go see your doctor it could be very bad down the line like me, but I also see my self as very lucky. 

(11) Drink more water

(12) If you don’t get anywhere with GP / doctor  escalate the issue and complain but don’t give up until you know whats going on or it could all go terribly wrong .

(13)P.S.  You know and I know if you smoke you put yourself in danger even one or three, until  you know what’s going on

stop or even

stop and see what difference it makes .  T

Then start again after few months if you can’t stop and then stop again when you need to again. 

(14)But give your body a chance to self-clean itself.

Good Luck from someone who has had the worst case scenario happen but survived after being dead for 9mins and now lives to tell the tail.

Faruk (London)

Thank you Faruk my daughter is 8 she has the same chest pains in both sides of her chest mainly the left and it would just sit there for a while and she cries because it is soo painful i feel for her, the xray showed an infection in her lung but the antibiotic didn't help, the doctors are filled with c**p this recent doctor told me she is having panic attacks!!!??? Im soo frustrated and i don't have the money to keep following this up

Terry :-(

i too feel the same...but doctor said it may be allergy related problems, because of small symptoms not need to worry on it  ........... only see doctor when too sick may god bless u all.

I've got the same problem, periodically on either left or right side at the bottom of the chest. It helps to pound the area with a loosely clenched fist. My dad, who happens to be a paramedic, told me he suffered from the same problems at my age and the pains disappeared in his early twenties. I'm sixteen years of age now and I've had them since I was about 15 or something. The pain gets more intense when I breath in but the pain doesn't bother me a lot. It has kind of flared up the last days, though.

Kinda comforting knowing I'm not the only one and I'm not crazy, but I have the exact same symptoms. I'm seventeen and I smoked since I was fifteen but in recent months since I started getting the chest pains i cut back. I didn't really notice a difference so now I quit completely hoping for some relief but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I've had panic attacks before and at first I just assumed I was overreacting however this is nothing like those; It's not as intense, more like a dull ache that never goes away. **Also as a side note I feel incredibly lethargic, like im in a constant daydream... but I don't think they're related, just weird considering how focused I usually am.

did u ever find out what was wrong as I have the same problem