For the past five months I have been to many doctors and cardiologists, they have performed numerous tests on me. All of the tests have come back without any abnormalities. However I still have been experiencing a lot of pressure and pain on my chest, but the doctors assure me that it is do to stress or anxiety. But I have been taking medication for anxiety without no relief. Does any one else on this forum experience something similar?.

Hey!! ive had the same problems im only 14 though
and I have alot of pressure on my chest but no sharp pains but im also goign threw seasonal allergies and according to a site on google it is normal to have tightness in the chest while having allergies.
Before i got my allergies i would get sharp pains in my chest but my doctor assured i was just stressed and had a bit of anxiety which i obviously did i would leave the house and the symptoms would happen but when i was in the house i was fine.
Maybe this can help?

My symptoms have been with me for a few years now, but after my divorce it got progressively worse, left and right side sleeping are good but when i lay on my back breathing out is very difficult 100% in-70% out. Swallowing food and burping is difficult, to a point having tears in my eyes Lately i have had lot of times sharp chest pains deep inside of my right nipple. Heart palpitations so that not two beats are the same I have been with this to the hospital and checked out several times. Doctor said there is nothing more he can do for me. I am not on regular drugs of any king, accept some sleeping and pain pills .

i have the exact same problems. I have a pain in my chest but every since i was little I have had marfan syndrome. I been having alot of serious problems since 2001 but as far as my chest problems. in 2003 i was working and it was a sharp pain in my chest on the left side. I went to the doctor and my left lung burst. In 2005 i was at a friends house and my right side of my chest was hurting i went to the doctor and they said i have a infection on my right lung. i took medicine to clear it up. in 2006 i had a pain on the right side of my chest but it was every now and then pain doctors cant tell me whats wrong. in 2007 i have had a steady pain in my chest every now and then it might go away but if it does i wake up with it. I have been going to doctors and they cant tell me what is wrong either but my pain is still their. i have no stress and i have been going to different hospitals and they tell me the same thing. i know what you are going through

I think this is anxiety and I can assure you as a doctor myself you are fine if you have had numerous tests witch say you are fine..just relax and try not to stress out- there are millions of people who suffer from axiety and think there is something seriously wrong but there isnt and this just makes you worse. Try to fight it then you will overcome it! I had it for 5 years XD hope this helps

I just recently started getting this pressue on my chest. It hurts when I talk, when I breate, laugh, cough...etc. Do you think this is related to stress as well? Just last week my dad went into the hospital, and is very ill. I am only 22.(just fyi) but since he has been in the hospital i have been feeling this way. I just got over a cold right before he went in..could that be a reason??? Any ideas??

Try not to worry i think it is most likely that the stress of your dad going to hospital has caused you anxiety,a symptom can be feeling a slight pain in the chest.It can last anything from a few hours to a few months and the best thing to do is to try relaxation methods,i do realise this will be a difficult time for you i have been there myself unfortunatley and it is extremley stressful for the family.I hope all returns to normality for you :-)

i am experiencing pressure in the center of my chest as well... I AM ONLY 21!!!!! it started in january after being extremely ill...i almost asked my mom to take me to the hospital but let it pass and thought it ws a virus... then in the spring i felt a constant pressure in the center of my chest behing by breastbone for about a week.... a lot of nausea over the summer... did a barium swallow to find i have esophogitus, mild hiatel hernia, and moderately inflamed intestines.... have done lots of blood tests all normal....i keep having these attacks at night of extreme pressure radiating straight through to my back..nothing relieves it and i can sleep...i feel the pressure sometimes during the day but very dulled.... had an endoscopy yesterday and the doctors are baflled....

going to check my gallbladder on monday but i already had an ultrasound.... im not very concerend just frustrated looking for an answer...antacids do not help...nor does pepto etc

anyone have an ideas???? im female...slighlty over weight but nothing concerning doctor said...

It could be a severe case of damage due to Acid Reflux.

same here but I am always spitting with chest pains too.

I think it is mostly related to stress. Many of you should notice that the symptoms disappear just after you had woken up, before you regain full consciousness. Am I wrong? That's what I've noticed . I do have anxiety issues. Recently I have been through a really intense period of anxiety when I thought I was dying every minute of the day. It is a very obtrusive problem to live with, but from experience I'd say it's not health-related, but mental. I don't know how to get rid of it... all I know is that relaxation and exercise does a world of good and greatly improves it over time as well as providing complete temporary relief. I am only 20 years old and had this for the past 6 months or so. I know what you guys are going through. It's almost as if your chest is about to explode. Don't worry guys, I believe it will go away over time and is only muscular, so don't think you are seriously ill :-)

I do not have chest pains. Though I have been experiencing a very slight pressure on my heart for the past week. I am freaking out because I am a generally healthy person, and although its just a small pressure its noticable enough to bother me and keep me awake until 3am and im imagining the worse (Lung cancer?) I went to bed at about 3am-4am and woke up at 12-2:30pm for about a week, then on new years I consumed like 1.5L of beer, smoke marijuana, drank an expresso monster and took an ecstasy with LSD on it, the chest pressure started the day after about. Could any of these things be the cause?!?!?! I know i abused alittle on new years eve and i though maybe thats why yet its not the first time ive done any of those things. I need answers!

Gee, ya think??? Pot, Express Monster and an Ecstasy with LSD??? You sound like an id**t!

i thought i was the only one that had this pain.
well for about a year now i think? i have a pain on my left side..is i point it out its kind near my arm pit. it a sharp pain sometimes its hard to breath. i get really scard some times because my throat feels swollen. i cant swollow at times and have to make an effort to. i used to suffer from anxity but havnt had it in a year..i start freaking out i cant breath and my chest hurt..geeze lucky me right..well after reading all these post i felt alot better. i hope we can all help eachother..bc all my doctors say i dont have anything to worry about

...perhaps your heart chakra is closed or weak...