I know that chest pain is one of the most common reasons people call for emergency medical help. Anyway, I cannot be calm but I have to ask you. Can you tell me what does constant aching pain in my chest could mean? I would really like to know should I be worried and visit my doctor, or just simply wait to pass. I would appreciate info about this, because I do not know where to seek for help.

Every year emergency room doctors evaluate and treat millions of people for constant aching chest pain. Fortunately, chest pain does not always signal a heart attack as you might think and many people think. More commonly, chest pain is unrelated to any heart problem. However, even if constant aching chest pain you experience has nothing to do with your cardiovascular system, the problem may still be important. That is why it would be worth the time spent in an emergency room to have your chest pain evaluated.
You have to know that constant chest pain is an extremely serious symptom. Because of the risk of heart attack, I would recommend you to seek emergency professional medical attention. It should be done immediately for any type of chest pain or chest tightness. Another common cause of sudden chest pain is a panic attack or anxiety attack where it is common for people to rush to the hospital. Beside this, your constant aching chest pain could be caused by many different causes, so the only solution is to have doctor’s check up.

I have had constant chest pain for quite some time now. I have just recently started seeing a cardiologist and he has ran several exams. I've had an ekg, an eko, chest xray and now will be having a CT done. Thus far, everything has come back normal. My question now is what could be causing the constant pain and should I be worried? I am 25 yrs old and I do not smoke or anything?

hi.they...more likely its anixiety..to encounter all these problems...first get checked up top to bottom from the doctor,tell the truth to doctors what you feel..after that more likley you will be normal and you will have ease....now step 1..try 7 days or at least 3 days a week to have hot bath before sleeep.step 2 try your best to avoid any stress..step 3.runing,walking.join a gym..dont be lasy..step 4.. avoid junk food have junk food now and then..eat on time..stretch and exercise at home to..join swiming club ..stop fizzy drinks and tea...start to drink green tea it is good for you...keep yourself active..keep socialising..help and volounteer some charity..read books ..try something what you like....have lots of sex...masssage your chest and back and head every night with olive oil..become a muslim?up to you for spiritual help...travel around try to control yourself ,,,dont let your mind lead to you for something bad...just always think good....try all this you will get better and normal again..most people go through a phrase..so am sure 100% if do this all you will get better.thank you adam....i am normal after1year i am ok now..try all what i said you will get better..i no yor feelings..

I've been having pains/aches for a while now. They've been either on the left center side of my chest or the right center side, basically where I think my heart would be. Although, sometimes its under one of my nippers. Well it started off as just small aches and the longer I've left it it's started becoming constant or I can feel it more. But as the time goes on I've been getting more and more worried about it, I think that this might be the reason for me thinking it's getting worse or becoming more constant. I'm not sure what to do, although I'll be going for a chest xray in a few days. I'm pretty worried and paranoid about it as I always think the worse about things. Does anyone have any advice and could this just be anxiety?

Have you ever taken any medicine for this? It is possible to anxiety, but it is the best that you go and check your self with a doctor.
Give us an update on your condition.

Not medical advice or anything but it may be a problem known as fibromyalgia i have bouts of this myself and i always used to worry it could be heart problems,its a fairly common disorder and many people suffer with it,,hope this helps ,,mike

I'm both mortified and relieved to read these posts. For a month I experienced ongoing, moderate chest pains. Nothing debilitating just constant. I have a family history of heart disease but I'm also a sufferer of anxiety. Due to the pain being almost migratory I chalked it up to stress or a pulled muscle...until last Friday. While at work I experienced the most frightening event. Chest pains increased,heart rate sky rocketed...I could feel my blood pressure pounding in my head. I decided I needed to leave and fast. I walked out of my office, down the hall towards the elevator and BAM...I went down. Fainted. Vertigo, hallway spinning, whole nine yards. Ambulance ride to hospital...massive cardiac work up....nothing.
I had my very first panic attack. Full blown...nut ball crazy feeling. I've spent the better part of my 42 years trying really hard to keep myself together as a woman, employee, wife and mom. But last Friday I had my least together moment. I'm just starting my little journey to dump the stress and anxiety and really focus on my health...learning to say no, etc. Anyone suffering from this I'd say, get some quick help, take the meeds if you have to at least short term (research for one that might work for you) and seek counselling. Gosh I have a blessed 6 year old daughter who doesn't need to see this in her mom. Plus I don't want this for her. What if, down the road, she faces these same things? I have many reasons to celebrate my life and I'll be damned if I let anxiety harsh my mellow or threaten my own daughter's future well being. It's a demon. It's pervasive. Anxiety is a selfish monster...like a drug. If you give into it once you could be a slave to it forever. No way. Not anymore. I am the boss of me, not anxiety or panic. I wanna win so bad. Now if you'll excuse me I'm taking my kid and my dogs to the stables and see how dirty we can get today!
Dirty feet...clean spirit...calmer mind...God bless.

hi im a 21 year old male  and i first started with constant chest pain about 9 months ago after going to 3 doctors ive been diagnoised with anxiety or GAD generalised ansxiety syndrome, your constant chest ache is probally the same as i have and GAD is basically constant ansxiety for no real reason, my pains change from sharp, to tight to thumping and then to an ache. its constantly there, and it even goes right through to my back, i was prescribed beta blockers to slow my heart rate as i also had a racing heartbeat tht made me loose sleep, best thing to do is try exercise, hot showers, and try to relax, as this is somthing tht will probally last a long time, ive read of people tht have lived like this for years, the key is learning to cope with it.

I have been having chest pains for 4 days now,i do have anxiety and anxiety meds, they do not help.Heart attacks do run in my family and so do strokes,i know i am at risk for one,but it is constant. I only feel it when i am awake and moving around or sitting down,sometimes i can get it to ease up when i lay down. I have been told by my quack doctor that i am to young to have a heart attack or arthritis. I do plan on going to the ER tonight,i just cant take it anymore,it is starting to get scary. I don't understand whats going on,especially when my anxiety meds don't ease it...

Go to the doctor.. The reason I say that chest pains can come from so many different things..... I have been having chest pains, shortness of breath, and tightness of the test... The dr found out I had 2 small clots on my lungs... I still have the chest pains on and off so my dr is planning 2 do a GI workup(endoscope)..... not 2 scare u but just have it checked out

I am having the same issue and after reading the response below I am going to visit the doctor tomorrow.

It is a constant pressure pain that has been with me for a couple of days. It keeps me up at night because it is always there.

Your message is an inspiration to me, thank you.

Hi, I'm only 18 years old and I've actually been having chest pains on and off since age 11. I got a heart scan when I firs went to the drs and I have a naturally enlarged heart, but nothing was ever followed up. After snother 2 years of this, I went back to a different doctor complaining of the same ongoing problem where i felt two different types of pain- as though your arm was being pinched and like inwas being stabbed between the ribs. Granted puberty isn't an easy time, the doctor laughed and me and suggested to my mother that I may have a serious mental condition like psychofrenia. That was the end of that. I still get these pains and recently they've become more frequent and focused more on the left side of my chest. I'm a little bit concerned, should I go back to the doctors and hope they take me seriously now that I'm older or just live with it like I have for 7 years?