I am 19 and last night a sudden pain in my chest came from nowhere. It is right underneath my right breast and hurts a little on the lower right side of my torso as well. It hurts mostly when I take a moderately deep to deep breath or if I just push my chest out. It kept me from sleeping last night until I took some ibuprofen which made it tolerable to sleep with. I keep taking advil and such which eases the pain a bit. I dont know if its just muscle strain (I dont know when I would have strained it though I was doing nothing very physical at the time) or something more serious. I have no other symptoms like a cough or shortness of breath or any sort of increase in temperature, just the discomofort. Also, it feels much better when I take a hot shower, if that helps at all. Any feedback would be much appreciated, thank you.

Oddly enough I have similar symptoms to this (although I'm not sure if this is still bugging you). It aches a little but hurts more when I exhibit the same activity regarding breathing or pushing the chest in or out. It's just on the right side for me just below my pec and it physically aches/hurts if I press there.

I'm not sure what it is but if it goes on for too many more days I think I'm going to go get checked.

PS: I'm 32/m and go to the gym prety much every day with weekends and monday off. The pain hit yesterday around 5:00PM and hasn't stopped yet really.

hey guys this happens alot to me aswell when i do running or hiking this happens to some military members cause we always run and stuff anyway heres what you do. k when it hurts or just starts you can do this if your standing cause this is done while we run or walk but what you do is take your hand (left one) make an L with it and put it on you side and squeeze at the same time bend over and exhale all of your air and breathe deeply do this about 5 times if youve done it right the pain should've gone away. i

I had similar pain when I had gallstones.

Best Wishes!

I am a 24/F This same thing started with me a few weeks ago. It is very bothersome and what helps me is laying on the opposite side (left) and that is about the only way I get relief. I do notice it more after having worked out either jogging, biking or lifting. i still think it may be some kind of strain but I think I will go to the doc if it keeps up.

I am 34 and I get the same pain now and than but only last for a minute or so. It feels like you have an 'airbuble' in your right side of the chest and with a little rubing and moving your body it goes away. I think it it might be a muscle twist or something of that nature.

I've had this pain on and offer for 3 weeks, it turns out i have Pneumonia! this was found out after seeing my gp 4 times who just offered antibiotics & steroids for Bronchitis , being rushed to the out of hours department and being rushed into hospital , where i had to wait 9 hours sitting in a visitors waiting room, going back and forth to other rooms for tests , then finally speaking to the specialist on duty who told me i have Pneumonia, they gave me even more antibiotics and steroids and sent me home as they had no beds!
I have asthma and they told me from the minute i was admitted i should have been on a nebuliser but this wasnt done because they had no beds.

My advice guys if you've had this pain in your chest/behind you breast GO SEE YOUR GP! dont think its because you've pulled something, dont think its because you've had flu or a cold gosee your GP this is why they are there.

This happened to me this week when I caugh or breath the muscle under my right breast burns I had scans at hospital and they could find nothing wron I also had nausea and vomiting that has stopped but the pain is still there. Did you find what your problem was? I thought I was having a heart attack

Same for me...just had surgery last week....

I experienced this pain shortly after I was told I had pneumonia too. It happens when I turn in a certain position and then suddenly a muscle would sort of 'pop' out underneath my breast on my right. Its feels so weired and after breathing in and out , it slowly goes back to its original position but it is very painful and uncomfortable. I'm not coughing or anything at the moment but had an on/off cold (sneezing)..should i be concerned/so see my GP??

I've had this problem on and off since I was little. I'm 15 now.

I have the same symptoms as well...same pain seems like a bumb like i can feel my bone but it hurts alot ...feel like its not getting better hurts more with a bra ...

its a gas pocket, give it time take a gas x and the pocket will eventually go away on its own.

hi guy im 19/f and i too have the same problem and it hit me mostly when im just sitting straight and it started from my left breast but i got that treated but instead for the pain to go away it went to my left breast so i dont know what to do now.

I've been having the pains you describe but both under the right and the left breast. It happens after i drink too much so i guess i should just stop doing that