I have been suffering from chronic low beck pain for a year. I was treated with anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy and injections, but pain wont disappear. I wasn’t able to work properly. My doctor thinks that surgical artificial disk replacement is necessary. Can you please tell me more about procedure of artificial disk replacement or share some experience. Thank you.

Because of the complications associated with lumbar spinal fusion, in 1990 renewed interest in artificial disc replacement. The purpose and advantage of artificial disc replacement is to replace the worn out disc, while preserving the motion at the operated spinal level, this could not only treat the underlying back pain, but also protect patients from developing problems at an adjacent level of the spine. In order to better appreciate the advantages and disadvantages of artificial spinal disc replacement, it is important to have a basic understanding of normal spinal anatomy and the function of the spinal discs. Seek for that information.