I am 28 yrs old and I have been having knee pain for months, I had an MRI and an x-ray, it showed that I had knee degeneration. There is a small joint infusion, and a cyst. I am worried about this and I am not sure what the next step is, medicine, surgery? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

I am sorry to hear that you are having knee problems. The joint effusion simply means that the joint has a bit of swelling in it, but do you know is the degeneration in the meniscus or the articular cartilage? What is type of the cyst: a meniscal cyst, Baker's cyst, subchondral cyst? I have had lateral releases on my both knees. I am not a doctor so I can tell you what is the next step, but if this helps, I found very useful information about my condition on the web. Perhaps you should search some more.