My uncle who is 42 years old has been having discomfort and pain in his LOWER BACK AND WAIST. I must tell you that he works in a job where he is sitting down most of the time and has been at the job for many years. When he has been standing up for a long time, is when he feels this discofmort and he feels the need to sit down. He has already been to the doctor but all they did was prescribe him some pain pills. Is this the start of some disease or what is it? any tips on what he should do? Thanks in advance

I am in my early 30's and I injured myself at work in 2006, I had back surgery in 2008. My advice is to have your uncle go to a doctor and have an MRI performed. I was given vicodine for the first few weeks, and I was having spasms every ten minutes in the streets, so I can understand how he may feel. Some doctors will try to tell him it could be in his "head", however, in my experience X-Rays just are not enough. I have three herninated disks, and the one that gave the most problem was discovered with an MRI scan.

Thanks for your reply I will tel my uncle to see a different doctor and maybe he can get an MRI. They haven't told him its in his head....yet.

b841286 wrote:

Ray1013 wrote:

I am in my early 30's and I injured myself at work in 2006, I had back surgery in 2008. My advice is to have your uncle go to a doctor and have an MRI performed. I was given vicodine for the first few weeks, and I was having spasms every ten minutes in the streets, so I can understand how he may feel. Some doctors will try to tell him it could be in his "head", however, in my experience X-Rays just are not enough. I have three herninated disks, and the one that gave the most problem was discovered with an MRI scan..

Good luck! Keep everyone posted. I am currently going back to my spine care specialist tomorrow morning