My two year old daughter has just been diagnosed with narcolepsy. Needless to say we are all very overwhelmed and sad that our daughter has such a horrible chronic disease, and at such an early age as well. Is there anything else I should know about narcolepsy in toddlers? Are there any support groups about?

There is a page on facebook called "Dealing with Narcolepsy" it is by a parent whose little girl has narcolepsy, she was older than a toddler when she got it, but that might help some. Also, you can feel free to email me with any questions you have about different behaviors. I have had narcolepsy with cataplexy since I was at under three years old, at least that is the earliest video I have of me going cataplexic. As for advice, I'd suggest visiting Stanford's Narcolepsy Center in California, they will be able to help a lot. Also, don't think that just because she is so young that she can't go on any medications for narcolepsy. I started on stimulants at age five without any bad side effects. Also, learn what you can about narcolepsy, the more you learn, the easier it will be to understand what she is going through.