Hi, a doctor thinks that my daughter might have CF. When I heard how serious this condition is, I couldn’t calm down. Can anybody tell me please what are the symptoms of CF?

Hi, cystic fibrosis(CF) is a chronic progressive disease that affects the digestive, respiratory, and reproductive tracts in young adults and children. The signs of CF can be different. A little girl could have symptoms like asthma, bronchitis, nasal polyps, chronic sinusitis, viscous mucus secretions in the lungs, fatigue, dehydration and chronic cough. Children often have different symptoms of this disease, sometimes even combined. For example, she could have both respiratory and digestive problems, and the other child could have only one of them. If you’re not sure if she has CF, try to send her lab samples to Ambry Genetic for testing. Their test for CF is probably the best there is, because it combines scanning and sequencing technologies, and is able to check the complete coding region. I really hope that your daughter will be fine.