Could you tell me something more about cystic fibrosis? I am 4 months pregnant and I have found recently that my husband is possible cystic fibrosis carrier and now I am desperate over the possibility my child could inherit this illness. Do you know if there is any way to find out whether my unborn baby is in risk of getting this illness and what is this cystic fibrosis about at all? Thanks!

I don't think you should panic over this for the chances that you are cystic fibrosis carrier are probably very low for you know only if both parents are cystic fibrosis carriers than your baby could inherit the illness so the best way to find out what are these chances is to have some cystic fibrosis test done. It is nothing complicated you just have to give some blood and saliva sample and also there are some tests on this for unborn babies as well as possible treatment even before baby is born. Anyway if it turns out you are not cystic fibrosis carrier than your baby won't get the illness but sure would be cystic fibrosis carrier as her dad. I am also cystic fibrosis carrier for my dad also had it and I am healthy whole my life and I also have a 6 years old daughter she is also a carrier but without any complications related to cystic fibrosis such as lung and digestive problems as well as the intestines complications for those are the area usually affected by cystic fibrosis.